Moving to Malta in September for university, what should I expect?

Hi everyone, I am a new member to this site.

I'm currently 17 (will be 18 by sept) and I plan to do my studies at STC Higher Education in Pembroke, but I am unsure of where to get accommodation. My options are in Bugibba (250 Euro/month) or in Swieqi (400 Euro/month).  I hear the monthly bus pass costs around 25 Euros but I don't know how reliable public transport is.

I'm Macedonian and I have heard of a few Macedonian groups/clubs but they seem to be located in Valletta.

My second and last  concern here is if I will be able to get to know a lot of people, as I'm not the best at making new friends due to social anxiety.

I have everything else planned out, such as my visa, healthcare, groceries and other amenities.

Personally i think Swieqi would be better for you as closer to pembroke.
you would also be closer to st julians, silema and Valletta the main places ppl go for entertainment and nights out.   
The public transport here is difficult to deal with. In my experience Bugibba  is mostly full of tourists and the ppl who work in the Bars and Restaurants.

As for making friends im sure the school will have activities and days out for you to go on and a chance to meet ppl.
Good Luck and welcome

sarahsmiilton wrote:

Hi everyone, I am a new member to this site.

I'm currently 17 (will be 18 by sept) and I plan to do my studies at STC Higher Education in Pembroke, but I am unsure of where to get accommodation. My options are in Bugibba (250 Euro/month) or in Swieqi (400 Euro/month).  I hear the monthly bus pass costs around 25 Euros but I don't know how reliable public transport is.

I'm Macedonian and I have heard of a few Macedonian groups/clubs but they seem to be located in Valletta.

My second and last  concern here is if I will be able to get to know a lot of people, as I'm not the best at making new friends due to social anxiety.

I have everything else planned out, such as my visa, healthcare, groceries and other amenities.

Please see:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/182491932137599/https://www.facebook.com/groups/1188665437923231/

As above, I would go with Swieqi ... there are lots of students there, and I would say this is a better place to make friends, and you will be walking distance to Pembroke.