Amount of time allowed to wait before starting the visa

Hello, my name is Roxana and I live in Syria. I am waiting for the answer from a visit visa application for Romania I made recently. The invitation made in Romania by my boyfriend was accepted so now I have done things from my end by going to the Embassy and applying for the visa. The visit visa is for 3 months. The people from the Embassy are not very helpful and I don't know what to expect as things are not easy in my country.

I just need to know one thing. Should the answer be 'Yes' and I get the visa, how long can I wait before actually starting it? Does it have a start and end date which I am forced to comply to? Does it start when I go to the Embassy and get my passport? How does it work based on what I asked?

I only ask this because I cannot get a good answer from the officials and things are difficult here. Once I get the visa, I might need to delay it for a few weeks or months... this is the reason I ask.

Kind regards,
Roxana

Hi Roxana.
I have applied for a visitor's visa many times before. When you apply you usually have to tell them the date you intend to enter Romania so that will be the date your visa starts. My visas were valid for 6 months each, as that was the maximum they would issue at the Embassy here. So, once your visa is printed, you have only that limited time that you're allowed to enter România. In the other hand, although the visa is valid for 6 months, the duration of stay is limited to 30 days, which means that you can spend a maximum of 30 days in Romania during that set period of time, but those days can be split into as many visits as you wish (i.e three times 10 days) as long as you don't exceed the total of 30 days duration.
I hope this helps

Best

Didi

Hey roxana,

I have applied for visit visa for romania. Based on my experience, the validity of the visa starts when you arrive in Romania and end the day you depart for Romania. But the validity of your visa will depend on what date you put on your visa online application. You cannot apply for the visit visa if you don't have a reserved two-way plane ticket. If in your reserved plane ticket is from June-September (90 days), then it will state in your visa that your visa will be valid in june-september (90 days) . You cannot enter Romania outside the validity of your visa and you cannot stay longer than the validity of your visa.
I hope this information helps.