Parcel Forwarding From US to Costa Rica

Hello everyone, I would like to ship a couple of pairs of shoes that weigh about 10 Lbs from the US to Costa Rica. How much would the shipping cost with any major carriers? Thanks for your input!

Check out a company called CRbox. They have a service where you send products from Amazon EBay whatever to a Miami address and your orders are sent with other directly to CR.
$10 definitely won't get much here. A certified letter is more AND you run the risk of customs taking forever to clear it! I had a document I needed for my residency that took 6 MONTHS...no exaggeration!! 6 months and I had a PO Box.
Good luck.

Raiden001 wrote:

Hello everyone, I would like to ship a couple of pairs of shoes that weigh about 10 Lbs from the US to Costa Rica. How much would the shipping cost with any major carriers? Thanks for your input!

Raiden,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have given up on shipping anything through the available shipping companies.  By the time the import fees and taxes are added, it is just not worth it.  I have friends that come and go from the States and have them carry things that I need - including shoes that are large enough to fit.  (Size 44 or U.S. 11 is the largest you will normally find here.)  ...if that's an option for you.   When there is no one coming this way I watch airfares to Florida and take a cheap flight there to stock up on things.

- Expat Dave
Expat.com Team Member

That's usually what I do as well BUT I've never had a problem with taxes however it just depends on custom agent. Best way is have someone bring them. Try shipping shoes and see what happens. Can't be but so bad. Put receipt with them or they will make up a price!👍🏻

Thanks for the insight with customs, but its for a special occasion. I will try my luck with customs this time. I am going to try a company called Shop2Ship since they have a shipping guarantee as well as insurance in case something happens in the process.

Raiden001 wrote:

Thanks for the insight with customs, but its for a special occasion. I will try my luck with customs this time. I am going to try a company called Shop2Ship since they have a shipping guarantee as well as insurance in case something happens in the process.

Please let us know how it goes and the final cost if you don't mind. 

- Expat Dave

I've heard good things bout them and CR Nox as well. Let me
Know how it works out.