Investment Banking Jobs in KL | Dependent Visa |

Hi All,

I would like to Introduce my self as Sam Ranjan from India.Recently we got married and my wife got an opportunity in Oracle KL, Malaysia.She accepted the opportunity and moved in to KL.She is been working for 6 months now.Being her husband i got a DP10 visa for Malaysia.

I have few questions on my mind and would intend to seek advise from the forum.

I am currently residing in India and working for a MNC bank and looking forward to move to KL in a month.

How long would i be permissible to stay n KL?
Having a DP visa would i be able to apply and search for Jobs in KL to support my livelihood?
Are there any rules and regulations that i should abide being a expat in DP visa while i hunt for a Job?
How long would it take for me to get an offer letter from any company in KL?

My Qualifications and Synopsis are as mentioned below.

Name - Smruti Ranjan Nayak
Age - 31
Highest Qualification - Masters in Finance
Job experience - 6.5 years in India
Industry - Investment Banking,Fund accounting, Project Management

Appreciate your help !!

First step is did your wife apply for a Dependent Pass for you?  If not she needs to do this in order that you can stay in Malaysia

How long would i be permissible to stay n KL?
If you arrive on a tourist visa 15/30 days. If you arrive on a Dependent Pass (already endorsed in your passport) you can stay as long as it is valid

Having a DP visa would i be able to apply and search for Jobs in KL to support my livelihood? -
Yes you can search for jobs -  but you are highly unlikely to get a job in the banking sector in Malaysia because local Malaysians can do the job so foreigners do not need to be hired

Are there any rules and regulations that i should abide being a expat in DP visa while i hunt for a JobreJob?
None - just to have valid immigration documents while in Malaysia or risk deportation.

How long would it take for me to get an offer letter from any company in KL?
Highly likely never. https://www.efinancialcareers.my/

It is not possible to work on a Dependent Pass and it would need to be cancelled and the employer would need to apply for an Employment Pass.