Malaysia Visa Place of issue correction

Hi All,

I am new to this forum hope someone can help me. I was working in UAE and got a job offer in Malaysia. So I went home to Philippines to process everything, All is done-  Medical Exam, ISC and suppose to be VISA stamping but there is an issue from here - the place of visa issue is UAE. So i called the company and they told me that they will send letter to immigration to correct it. I am waiting since 3 weeks. How many days is process for this kind of correction?

Perhaps the company are not following the right procedure.  It should be a relatively short process. So perhaps the company may have to reapply for approval so that's always about 20 working days minimum.

Its not a visa stamping it is a VDR letter plus/minus VAL (Visa Approval Letter - corrected). You have to collect the VDR at the  Philippines Malaysian consulate, which I guess is in Manila.

VDR is a single entry visa (SEV) to enter for employment purposes.  Check the cost you will have to pay.

So Immigration will need only to change the place of visa issue in VDR letter right.? I check the status in ESD and it shows “PASS ISSUANCE STAGE” on the date which I think the visa were applied the first time.

There are new rules for hiring Filipinos just come into force.

It would not say PIS on the date the application was submitted.

These are the phases on ESD database

1. Submitted for documents verification
2. Decision stage
3. Pass approval stage
4. Pass issuance stage (VAL-VDR)
5. Endorsed/ completed.
6. Application cancelled.
7. Return to company.
8. Reject.
9. Deferral.

Alright. So if for example the employer reapply, This will not reflect on the ESD status? Coz it showing last submission on feb 24 2018.

I would guess not - it would be just a shuffling of papers at ESD submitted by the company, i.e. new document with corrected collection point. But perhaps the employer has to update their process in some way to indicate to ESD there is a change taking place. Hopefully the application is not going round the complete loop again.

But the new rule is that for Filipino staff the process has to be centralised through an employment agency and not direct by the employer. This is apparently for all positions and not just outsourced jobs such as in Call Centres.

Aah alright. Yeah its true thats why there was confusion regarding this “place of visa issue” because suppose to be from UAE i will go direct to Malaysia. Hope to have my corrected VAL soon. Thank you so much Gravitas! 👍🏻

Hi Gravitas, I got my new updated VDR. My employer sent it to me and I also sent it to the agency here in Philippines which they will apply for my SEV. However they said that the VDR was updated only on the document which my employer sent to me but not updated in the system. Is it possible??