What are chances of my EP

hi,
I have offered a full-time permanent role in Singapore by a Product based organization. I am already working on Singapore on EP. Offered salary is more than 7k.  My EP is applied by the company itself. The company is one of the giant company here and good strength here. They have posted on Jobs bank for 2 weeks for this position as well. What are my chances?

I am an Indian and Engg graduate of CSE and my exp is 6 years 9 months. I am in Singapore since Nov 2017.

Thanks in advance.

You mean, just came to Singapore in November last year and after 4 to 5 months you are trying to change an employer? If this is the case, then MoM may think you are job hopper and won't allow to get a new EP from another employer.

I would suggest, in current market situation, stay with your existing employer at least 2 years before you think of moving. It's also unfair to the employer who has invested on you to bring here.

@surya2k  No, I am not doing job hopping. My contract with my existing company is getting over, So I am just trying to get a new job before I am left with no option other than leaving Singapore.

Ok, in that case I think there shouldn't be an issue to accept the offer. If it's required then you can put up your explanation to MoM why you are changing the job (believe MoM must be knowing your case as at the time of applying EP application, employer must have mentioned your contract terms to MoM). Good luck

My EP is approved after 14th day.

Congrats, happy days are ahead.

@surya2k Thanks. I have also applied DP for my wife & 1 year old son on 3rd May. My wife DP got approved within 3-4 hours. But my son application status is not even showing up in the system. Usually, I heard about DP that it does not take more than 2-3 days. But does it take more for kids?

Check with your employer if they did apply DP for your child or not. Should have got the result along with your wife's DP result.

Hi Surya

Is it usual for MoM to tell employer that they need another 3 weeks to review a candidate's application, when the employer asks for an update on the application? My work pass application is already in its next month.

What could be the possible reason for needing another 3 weeks? Yesterday they emphatically refused to tell employer why they need more time.

Sorry to hear your case, but no idea why did they say so. May be earlier they might have missed it completely to review your application (assume employer did submit all the documents on time). In this situation, we can't do much rather waiting. Good luck

Thanks for the feedback. I thought the same as well since they did not ask for any documents. Or maybe manpower shortage.

I guess its just to wait for the additional time.

@surya2k I asked them and they mentioned they have applied. But I still wonder why it is not showing up till now.

Hope it will appear in coming week then. Sometimes MoM system is lagging or very slow to update due to heavy traffic. Good luck

My employer checked with MOM regarding my son DP and they have mentioned wait for 21 days for the result. It's weird to me. Only MOM knows what they are doing.

Nothing you can do about it, other than waiting. But, I have doubt that MoM has mentioned exactly 21 days for the outcome. Good luck

@surya2k it got approved this morning. Thanks alot for your help.

Congrats, good days are ahead. Cheers