Looking to make the big move to NZ

Greetings to all

I am a 39 year old mother of 3 children. I have 3 adult step children and 3 precious step grand kids. I am looking for guidance on what steps to take to relocate to New Zealand. Currently I have been registering on recruitment websites and have uploaded my resume. I have also contacted NZ shores and would like to know which is the best route to follow in order to get a job or interview. i have read that it is particularly difficult to secure a job whilst still in SA. My sister in law was fortunate to secure a job and interview whilst she was in SA and is currently living in Auckland for a month. Her husband joined 2 weeks after she had left. He secured a job while he was there.

Will it be better if my husband or myself first go over to secure a job or ride the wave with the recruitment agencies and job sites?

My husband is in hydraulics (engineer and sales) I am in IT - doing sales administration and have also worked in Marketing, business development and office management.
All help will be appreciated

Hi Rochellen.
Your best source to start should be  https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas

You need to check the eligibility to apply for a work visa either for your husband or yourself. The second option (which you have already mentioned) is to find a potential accredited employer and secure a job for an onward procedure.
Finding the right job is certainly a hard nut to crack in this country, but its really not impossible either.

Thank you so much, I will go on the website appreciate your response

Hi
I'm from Cape Town and moved to New Zealand 7 months ago. My husband received a permanent job offer from a recruitment company (Tradestaff)whilst in South Africa, recruitment companies are very picky, most looking for NZ experience, unless you have a qualification level 7 and up and have work experience.
Luckily my husband was a qualified Electrician in South Africa for 15+ years  and his trade are on New Zealand long term skill shortage  list, which is only a level 4 qualification in NZ, so he only needed to do NZ Electrician standard exam and one practical exam👍🏻
So it worked out well for us💃🏼

HI Leenie, thank you I will try that recruitment agent as my husband is an Hydraulics engineer, will have a look to see if it's on the skills list. Hope you enjoying your new home :)

Yes, so far so good👍🏻

Not to be negative..get in contact with NZQA, they will compare your husbands qualifications with New Zealand standard, my friend's qualifications in South Africa, Civil Engineer, he's working as n project manager for a company here in New Zealand and he moved here 13 years ago, and do drawings/plans as an extra job.

If you apply for Skilled migrant visa (PR) you will need that verification assessment from NZQA anyway.

All the best🤞🏻

All the help, guidance is welcomed I would much rather take longer and do it properly than be in a rush and mess things up. Thanks a mill :)