New in santiago need info and contact for settling

hello i am french living at the moment in sofia bulgaria , will move by end april to santiago chile and wish to have contact with expat . need info concerning bilingual schools in lo barnechea and housing , telephone, internet and so on and so on....anyone?

Welcome on board sylviec ;)

I hope that other forumers will bring their input to your discussion soon.

Regards

hello sylviec.
I am an Italian, living in Santiago. Lo Barnechea is one of Santiago's richest areas. People with more money in Santiago live in La Dehesa which is part of Lo Barnechea.
The most common way to find housing is visiting portalinmobiliario.com, but you have to know spanish.
Mobile phone companies: Entel, Movistar, Claro (cheaper, but poor quality service)
Internet and Cable suppliers: VTR (more expensive, but better), Movistar, Claro, DirecTV, GTD, etc.
With schools you will have a tough call. The offer of bilingual schools is huge! Specially in Lo Barnechea, las Condes and Vitacura, which are the best places to live in Santiago. You can find big differences in prices too.
If you are French, the Licee Saint-Antoine Exupery in Vitacura could be a great alternative...great reputation!

Good luck! By the way, there are a lot of french people living in Santiago!

thank you so much for your very prompt reply .

I am travelling with my family since 2002 and my kids are trilingual (english ,french, hebrew ) my husband is from israel.

my oldest daughter will probably will be in the british school , I wish for my two little ones grade 5/6 to learn and use spanish for their futur years in chile.

we would like to live close to the schools , any suggestions for the home research?

I thank you again and have a great day!!

British High School is not bilingual despite its name. You have english lessons, but its not very intensive.
Bilingual schools are more expensive though: Mayflower, Craighouse, Grange, Newland, etc are some excellent bilingual schools, but I guess they are expensive.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding housing near British High School. It has a very good location. i will find the easiest way for you to find housing.

By the way: Public transport is awful. You MUST have a car...

cheers!

hi ,

i am from pakistan going to santiago at 20 may 2017

i also need information about language , internet , job  , culture etc

thanks

cheers