Advise from nigerian expats

Hi all I'm funke and currently living nigeria with my little son and  my fiance in asia..... we are looking to move to Estonia in the very near future and looking for advise from nigerian expats with kids, on how their kids and them cope with the langange change and how the schools are and life in general?? My fiance wants us to stay in a quiet but friendly country away from nigeria.!! do the expats meet up? any guidance would be appreciated
thank u

Welcome on Expat.com Funke ;)

I have introduced your message in a new thread (in Estonia forum) for more visibility! I hope that you will get some responses soon in regards to your above queries!

Else, you can contact some Nigerians via the Nigerian expatriates in Estonia network page.

Regards

Hello Funke ,, am a Nigerian currently living in Greece, but soon am moving to Estonia cox my girl friend is from Estonia. from what she told me , Estonia is a quiet place to be. well i will get in touch with you when am there .

Funke wrote:

Hi all I'm funke and currently living nigeria with my little son and  my fiance in asia..... we are looking to move to Estonia in the very near future and looking for advise from nigerian expats with kids, on how their kids and them cope with the langange change and how the schools are and life in general?? My fiance wants us to stay in a quiet but friendly country away from nigeria.!! do the expats meet up? any guidance would be appreciated
thank u

As we don't have a Nigerian community here I doubt you'll receive many responses. Estonia is quiet and friendly, mainly white and a mix of Estonian Russians and Estonians. In that sense, there aren't any huge immigrant communities here and you'd probably stand out a bit on the street as there aren't too many blacks here either. National language is Estonian and learning it can prove to be a tough nut to crack (14 cases for example). You can get by with English only of course, but then you have to work for a multinational or be an entrepreneur. Estonian is pretty much a must if you compete for jobs with locals. Russian is a benefit, but not that important. Depends on the job. However, bureaucracy is almost non-existent and if you have a good business plan e.g. you can set up your company pretty quickly.

Hi.Am planning on moving to Estonia in the later part of the year but i seem to have problem locating Estonian Embassy here in Nigeria.Can anybody give me suggestions or clue cos i need the info for early preparation.Thanks