Self funded residency visa

Hi,

I was told there is a residency visa for people who can show sufficient passive income to support themselves/family. Do you know if any solicitor who can help with such application?

Thanks!

PM sent

Hi

Just arrive from Kenya and ill suggest 3 different Lawyers expert in Golden Visas for you to compare the prices of their fees

I'm collecting their sites and additional information and ill FYI to you during this week.

In spite I'm also a Lawyer I don't work with these issues, I'm a manager of International Projects and deal also with Real Estate Properties.

When I send my suggestions, feel free to contact me again in case of any doubt.

I can orientate you for the best solution…..

I prefer to send to you several options in order no to be  interpreted as having some additional interest….

Regards

Hi,
In Algarve yes, but not in Cascais.
JP

No lawyer necessary, standard application, just show adequate income or liquid assets greater than the  equivalent Portuguese minimum wage of 600 Euros month, same as retirees showing pension. Plus the usual health insurance, security clearance from authority where you have spent the last year. As soon as you get to Portugal, register with local Financas office to get a NIF number. Did it myself, now into my 2nd year of temporary residence.

I suppose it also depends on the passport one holds. My sister in law has a South African passport, she needs a schengen visa just to enter Portugal

No foreigner / expatriate who comes to Portugal and does not speak Portuguese can hardly do this process alone.

Of course, those who have no work and nothing to do can go to incommensurable queues and wait for 1.5 years to obtain VISA RESIDENCY

And an option for those who do not have any work and like the bureaucracy.

The normal price of a solicitor / lawyer to handle the matter is around € 3,000.

Each one is free to do so, but I do not advise it ..... plus there are legal forms that only lawyers know to get visas faster in about 6/9 months.

No foreigner / expatriate who comes to Portugal and does not speak Portuguese can hardly do this process alone.

Of course, those who have no work and nothing to do can go to incommensurable queues and wait for 1.5  years to obtain VISA RESIDENCY

And an option for those who do not have any work and like the bureaucracy.

The normal price of a solicitor / lawyer to handle the matter is around € 3,000.

Each one is free to do so, but I do not advise it ..... plus there are legal forms that only lawyers know to get visas faster in about 6/9 months.

Hi Sandra

You are right and correct.

Of course, the process is not easy and its becoming even more complex e every time it takes longer

My boyfriend is South African and it took him more than 1 year to get its Residency visa  ( and he applied in 2016) and of course there are  investments need to do around 500.000€ .

Hi

already have the information you want

Send me your email and ill forward to you because EXPAT.COM  doesn't allow to send this information trough  the FORUM

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You are absolutely correct. Not using a lawyer is a "bureaucratic nightmare"
JPB

Hi ALMOSTDAR

My boyfriend is South African and applied to a Golden Visa
We are very happy because we find a very good solicitor in Lisbon, that take care of everything efficiently.
we already got the Visa residency and we also bought a beautiful penthouse in Chiado.
Actually the Administrative and legal  process is very slow and difficult but this Solicitor / Lawyer works very well and is very honest and not expensive, he charges the normal fees for these services.
He Provides services as the Northern European and American way, efficient, direct, fast and honest, which is difficult to find in Lisbon.
All our foreigners friends are coming to live in Lisbon and we use this lawyer and also a real estate  agency only dedicated to expat community. Very professional and efficient.

😊

Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Thanks so much

Yocahuna,  do you know the minimum of liquid assets you need to have to get a resident visa?  Would a statement from a bank be sufficient proof of assets? 

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

Hi @Cristinapg

Is it possible for you to send me this attorneys particulars?

Best regards

Just in case you nor aware, there is a section with services that includes also immigration lawyers.
Try to identify one that is more or less active in the forum as starting point.

Cristinapg wrote:

Hi ALMOSTDAR

My boyfriend is South African and applied to a Golden Visa
We are very happy because we find a very good solicitor in Lisbon, that take care of everything efficiently.
we already got the Visa residency and we also bought a beautiful penthouse in Chiado.
Actually the Administrative and legal  process is very slow and difficult but this Solicitor / Lawyer works very well and is very honest and not expensive, he charges the normal fees for these services.
He Provides services as the Northern European and American way, efficient, direct, fast and honest, which is difficult to find in Lisbon.
All our foreigners friends are coming to live in Lisbon and we use this lawyer and also a real estate  agency only dedicated to expat community. Very professional and efficient.

😊

" He Provides services as the Northern European and American way, efficient, direct, fast and honest, which is difficult to find in Lisbon."

Awfull statement.
Why should i trust your recomendation ? Are you getting back fees?

I find it completely slanderous and ambiguous to see this statement from a person of INTERNATIONS  group that didnt not identified, himself or herself.

I think it is a person who has own and dishonest interests, who receives fees or tries to get work with GOLDEN VISA and deceive tourists.

Immediately identify yourself to  me to file a complaint with Internations and sue you for defamation and slander

Cristina

Hi. Would you mind to pm me the attorneys contact details please?

Best regards
Jacques

Hi

can you please send me a Direct Message and ill FYI  the Lawyers contacts.

Cheers

Hi, I am looking for the same thing. May I ask if you have found any information or help? Thanks!

Almostdark01 wrote:

Hi,

I was told there is a residency visa for people who can show sufficient passive income to support themselves/family. Do you know if any solicitor who can help with such application?

Thanks!

Hi
I recommend   Drª*** and you can believe that she will do an excellent service, honest and very professional.
She made the VISA Process for my Fiancée  ( he has  two Nationalities _  south African and Australian)_and  to all his American  friends and the Nationality process also for Michael  and he becomes Portuguese.
Ill send her  contacts ( only for direct message) but  its best to you contact Barbara, she's speaks fluently English and she's manging all the VISA GOLD Process in the Office.
Send me a Direct message and I'll send my email and the office contacts.
My email is :***
I don't trust anyone that's advertising in Expats.com as a lawyer , expert or consultant  in Golden Visas.
Only experience lawyers can do this work, and I've seen many tourists being be deceived
Of course, no lawyer will do any service for free, but always distrust the consultants and lawyers who advertise their services.
The Golden Visa scheme has become extraordinarily complex in Portugal and it is necessary to make a careful selection of lawyers
I only rely on experienced lawyers .... and particularly on those who have already filed immense cases. I do not receive any commission, since my professional deontology does not allow me, nor do I want to.
I only share the experience of several foreign friends who worked with these lawyers.
Given my high professional status I cannot be subjected to dishonest Portuguese comments that try to deceive the tourists, which is why I only provide the contacts by email.
Thank you for your understanding.

Reason : Please recommend in the business directory or share the names/contact details through the private messaging system of the website. Thank you

Hi Cristina,

Thank you so much for your advice. My husband and I will return to Lisbon in May 2019. We plan to attend the Wednesday wine meet up group. I hope to see you there.

Sue

I really don't know....
You have to contact a Lawyer… I only can recommend Lawyers…..
I just can recommend you who  made the Golden Visa for my Fiancée….

I am looking for a trusted lawyer for my residency visa for people who can show sufficient pas[i]sive income to support themselves/family.
Can anyone help recomend any solicitor who can help with such application?

Hi, 
When you say “Temporary residence”, I assume you're referring to NHR?
Are you able to confirm if this would be correct.  It cost around 600€ to apply and 5300€ annually thereafter to get the NHR “licence/permit”?