Type of visa i should apply for germany

My  fiance has received an offer to work in Germany for a long term basis.We are planning to marry next year and immediately after our wedding we want to settle in Germany. Raising a dependent visa after wedding will require months and we don't want to stay apart. So can I apply for visitor visa now,and once we reach Germany ,can we apply for dependent visa  ?

You should apply for a marriage visa at the German embassy, then you can stay on right after your marriage and don't need to leave to apply for a family reunion visa.

If your fiance is just moving to Germany, first he needs to go, register there, etc and then request to his closest registry office for initiating the marriage (wedding) procedure. Once this is done, you can apply for a visa for marriage in your nearest consulate. Foreign nationals on tourist visa cannot get married in Germany.

Above (and Beppi's comment too) is considering you would like to get married in Germany.

If your wedding will be done in your home country, then the only way is to apply for family re-union visa after you get your marriage certificate, etc.

More info: http://www.bamf.de/EN/Migration/Arbeite … -node.html

If your idea is to go to Germany on a tourist visa after your wedding, and then try to convert that to a family reunion visa in Germany, I dont think that is possible.

Thank you for the information :)