Home-office or home+office

Hi Folks.
This is Memo and I'm new here.
I would like to know which one of the option will help better for my business
I'm going to set up a freezone company at Dubai and I'm confused between to take a big flat for home and office or i should take separately?
Which area is good for office and which one is more helpful for living?

Need expatd experiences
Best wishes
Thanks in advance 
Memo

Your question is very generic and more details are needed.

Both of these are very separate items.   

In the UAE, to set up a business, you must lease/rent/own office space or utilize virtual offices.  This is only allowed in specific areas depending on each free zone.  That means that you can't have a commercial address in a residential area and vice versa. 

Now, while you may get an office and plonk down a bed in a corner for 1-2 nights of late work; you will not be able to live there as per the rules of most entities.  And secondly, you will not be able to get an Ejari (rental agreement registration with municipality) for the purposes of sponsoring visas for family & so on, Emirates ID etc - you need to have a residential address in a residential area for that.  This goes vice versa as well if you do it the other way around i.e. you won't be able to register your company.

My advice would be to get the cheapest office space or virtual office if your business is not big and comfortable living quarters so that you can work from home.  There is discussion on many areas in the forums and you can browse that depending on your budget.

A normal bed (not a sofa bed) in an office will be penalized by the government authorities if seen because it pre-supposes living quarters.

XTang
Thanks for your message
Just i mentioned a flat with 2 rooms if can used 1 room for company and the other for office
But if each free zone obligate to rent in commercial area they suggested in this case it mean that we need home and office to be different address and different area as well
I get your point
Thank you

Alpha
That's correct because the work and home can't be in same room
I just was thinking about if can be in same flat at least to not be so far .

better consult with at least 3 property consultants

Thanks

Property consults will be saying to get a big flat and use it for both purpose so they can have better commission on it but in my opinion having two separate places will be good even if they are small as the business identity should be kept separate by the UAE laws. By thinking to use one room for residential purpose and other for office will lead you in complex situations in long run.