Close

Who has had the experience of teaching English in Colombia?

Hello, I wonder how many Expats in Colombia have had the experience of teaching English abroad, and if you would be interested in doing so again? There are many unfilled positions for native-English-speakers, not only for teacher roles but also for Assistant Teacher roles which are pretty easy and do not require much experience and do not require certifications or education degrees. They do not even require for you to speak Spanish!  Would anyone like to a solid VISA extension and 1.5M COP monthly? Hit me up!

I taught 7 years there. 1,500 mil is very low for an experienced teacher. I made that much for 25 hours.

jbd777 :

I taught 7 years there. 1,500 mil is very low for an experienced teacher. I made that much for 25 hours.

Did you have little teaching experience and no certification, as is the case here, JB?  Apparently not the case for you, having taught for seven years.  Apples and oranges, JB.

cccmedia

I am a retired teacher from California. Yes I have experience. I was even offered the opportunity to teach at the University level but in Bogota they only paid 4,000 mil per month. The private sector it's much more lucrative. I taught at Coca-Cola Pepsi Microsoft Schlumberger Halliburton Etc. The majority of my students were the executive officers or people in charge of departments so yes I was paid handsomely.

Are you showing off?  or saying that's better than teaching youth for less money?   I'm sure it's just coming off that way, but you didn't mean to sound that way...  In fact, I'll invite you to participate in our volunteer program. Would you be interested?

what??? hu???

No more teaching kids for me. I prefer adults. Unless it's kids in my barrio. I am in the United States now taking care of health issues but when I return I will teach company's. It is much more fun and there is no stress unlike teaching in the school system. But you are offering help with people's visas so it might be worth it for them

Companies

Hi, my daughter is interested if you would like to contact her ?...

Moderated by Priscilla 3 days ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hello. I am currently teaching. I live in Cali. I also have interest in Cartagena and possibly other areas.  I have had similar paying offers. I might consider something if I didnt have to move, buy extra insurance, pay for relocation and work 40 hours+ per week. I am native of USA and have MBA, BBA, AA, AA,AA and TEFL as well as government training for FEMA and a couple years of non-destructive engineering.

The bene's are not that critical but the upfront investment might be. I would like to know what you are involved in and if we can meet in person and / or at the bargaining table let's do it.

John Benson

handymantulsa :

I live in Cali. I also have interest in Cartagena and possibly other areas....

I might consider something if I didnt have to move, buy extra insurance, pay for relocation....

The bene's are not that critical but the upfront investment might be.

So taking a position in your backyard, the Cali area, would that solve the financial issue for you?

cccmedia

Yes, i prefer not to relocate for a small salary but it could supplement what I am already doing.

Hello,

I just moved from Toronto, Canada to Bogota Colombia. I'm currently looking for an opportunity to teach English. I'm currently taking Spanish at the National University of Colombia part time  I will be getting my CELTA certification for teaching English in the next few months. Would like to know more about this.

Thank you

Hello!

I have a need for some 500 teachers starting July... everywhere in Colombia!  And tonight... I have a need for 1 in Manizales. Interested?
Just send me your CV, Diploma, and Passport to Glen[at]Mingahouse.org and if you wish to talk about it I'm at *** whatsapp

Hi glengalindo,

It would be much appreciated if you can post all job offers in the jobs in Colombia section please.
Let's agree to the forum code of conduct please.

Thanks and Regards,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

[ Topic closed ]

Closed