Driving license

hi everyone.
i'm indonesian, currently working at philippines. i was wondering about applying a new driving license without previous driving license from my country?

thanks before

Do you have any driving history in Indonesia?

It is kinda complicated now. You need visa for at least next 6 months to be able to apply for driving license.

Plan to apply as well, will share once I have experienced it. So far the requirement is to at least have ACRi.

Me too. I have a US Commercial Drivers License. I drive 18 Wheelers. How would I transfer my current license?

you can not transfer your Commercial license to Philippines licence, you will only get ordinary one, for car and that is it, unless you are Citizen of Philippines, the same happened to me, but this is what they have tolled me

Silvercobra wrote:

Do you have any driving history in Indonesia?

yeah i have driving history in indonesia, but my driving license is expired already and i haven't plan on going back soon. so there is the problem.

eduardo001 wrote:

It is kinda complicated now. You need visa for at least next 6 months to be able to apply for driving license.

yeah, now i have visa for 2 years from now, until 2020. the thing is, when i read at LTO web is kind of confusing for me. they need my birth certificate, which of  course i didn't bring it here to the philippines. :)

My wife and I bought a used bike - 125cc  (we bought used since it had plates, so we could drive it right away - as it seems to take months to get a new bike registered and thus driveable).  I had a "bayaban" (sp?) stamp for one year (stamp you get when you enter the country with your wife and proof of marriage) - was 3 months into it, and was in the process of applying for a "temporary" permanent visa (that's how the officer referred to it) to be followed by an ACR-I card.  The rep at the Drivers Licence bureau told me I needed a visa stamp that showed that I had a full year left on my visa - which would mean I either had to leave the country with my wife, then re-enter, get re-stamped with a Bayaban stamp, head straight to the licence bureau and file so that my visa showed a full year.  You only get a year on your visa.  So... we did - what turned out the best, easiest, most expensive, but most productive means of getting the problem resolved.  Someone in her family knew someone who worked for the driver's license bureau, who knew the head honcho - you know where this is going - no one ever asked for money!  But her family's friend was very kind, and helpful and got all the approvals, signatures, and filings.  And in no time, I had a license.  We gave him a gift as well as the gent who runs the department.  It was no more expensive than a new license with all applicable fees would have been in the States.   Hope this is helpful.

I did not think you need licence for 125cc motorbike or any motorbike, it is philippines right ?? haha joke, i said this because 70% have none but driving and riding whatever they like, and if there is acidante it always will be your fault even if they have no licences, not sure how the rules work here but if you drive or ride bigger car or bike it is always your fault even if not, and yes the rule who is first , they do not care who is right or wrong, or who has the right a way, lots of fixing yet to be done here, what i hate the most is when opposite lane is very busy so what they do drive on my lane and they expect me to give the way, this i find crazy and happens all the time, there must be a way to deal with this, what is best way ???

Can only tell you what it is like in Davao City.  Very strict.  Must have helmet w/ mask.  Must wear shoes - 125cc scooter.  Paperwork needs to be in order.  Cops pull over everyone.  Can't tell you what will happen if there is an accident.  But stay tuned...

That is great, it is nice o see someone is doing the right things, hope this will flow out to rest of Philippines, I remember one time i was in Manila this motorbike come the wrong way, one car did not want to move or give him way, the biker come out and physically was fighting with a man, this is worse then wild wild west, then you have tricycles well they are just the rulers of the road.

dennesbong1 wrote:
eduardo001 wrote:

yeah, now i have visa for 2 years from now, until 2020. the thing is, when i read at LTO web is kind of confusing for me. they need my birth certificate, which of  course i didn't bring it here to the philippines. :)

Passport and ACR.

samangelevski wrote:

you can not transfer your Commercial license to Philippines licence, you will only get ordinary one, for car and that is it, unless you are Citizen of Philippines, the same happened to me, but this is what they have tolled me

Citizens cannot get a CDL, as the Philippines does not have that.

But there is Professional.

I wish that were true here in Prosperidad.....nobody cares...no helmets no shoes under age riders.....and the system is not policed.

dennesbong1 wrote:
eduardo001 wrote:

Are you still asked for your birth certificate when you apply for a driving license in PH nowadays?

Hi Post,
not at all, contact a dif LTO

Richard