Family Reunification For Non-Eu Family Members

Anyone can help me with my situation? I am filipino living in Romania with a 5 year residency.
My husband is a romanian citizen and he worked in Netherlands for 2 months...but he is here in Romania for the mean time! We plan to go to Netherlands. Does anyone here experience applying for Family Reunification?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

As a Romanian citizen, your husband has the right to live and work anywhere in the EU.  For you to join him in the Netherlands, you need to apply for a Spouse visa; the details of how to do this are on the Dutch Government IND website; this link will take you there.  At the bottom of the IND webpage is a step by step guide on the process you have to go through.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

(Correct me if I am wrong) Also, I think first your husband needs to obtain a residency in Netherlands before you can apply for a Dutch visa or permit as his dependant. Another way is to wait for you to be eligible for Romanian passport and then you are free to live as a resident anywhere in EU.

Kind of.  What the IND website says is if "You have the nationality of an EU/EEA Member State or Switzerland. You do not need a residence permit or TWV (work-permit) to live and work in the Netherlands. You do not need to report to the IND."  So no, he doesn't need a residence permit, but yes, the husband has to register with the Gemeente, everyone has to do this within 5 days of arrival in the country, but it's not intended as an immigration thing really.  However, when he registers to bring his wife, he will have to either have a job, or be self-employed (and registered with KvK), or be registered in full-time education, so it becomes an IND matter at that point.

Confusing. :)

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the replies. Really helps!

As a South African, married to a Dutch lady, we've found that we need to apply in South Africa for the Unabridged Birth and Marriage Certificates.
That process could take over 120 days in South Africa.
Thereafter the documents must have a Apostille done, which is merely a wax stamp onto a new copy of the same document.
Then only can you apply for the family reunification permit.
I was told to bring a new passport, i.e. one that has 10 years validity ahead of your application.

You also need to agree to having a TB X-ray unless your country allows a waiver.

Expect to do the language/cultural exam-also a recommendation to complete just to understand
language, customs etc.

Good luck!

Your EU spouse has the right of freemovement.
This includes family certain members including their spouse.

You can just travel to the Netherlands with your spouse.
Once there you and your spouse need to register.

After that you apply for a living permit as the family member of an EU citizen.

You will have to prove that you and your spouse can look after yourselves by showing that you have a job, a job offer or savings etc.

It is pretty easy. No need for a visa, etc.

On 5 June my application for the Spousal Reunification Permit reached the IND for processing-hopefully soon!

That's great news. Best of luck! Hope it all goes super smooth for you.

So what documents did you need to present in the end?

Flyboy79 wrote:

On 5 June my application for the Spousal Reunification Permit reached the IND for processing-hopefully soon!

Required: 2018 version of: Unabridged Birth Certificate, Unabridged  marriage certificate, ( this took 60 days) . then a trip to DIRCO in Pretoria for the Apostille thereof.           
Next complete the "undertaking to undergo a TB X-ray within 90 days"  after arrival in The Netherlands.                                                                                                               
Tendered to the IND in The Netherlands.

Right I see. I'm sorry to hear that it took you so long for all this.
Thanks for sharing!

I guess this application though was not "Verification against EU Law" thing?
On IND, the form 5005 does not mention birth certificate for instance.

Flyboy79 wrote:

Required: 2018 version of: Unabridged Birth Certificate, Unabridged  marriage certificate, ( this took 60 days) . then a trip to DIRCO in Pretoria for the Apostille thereof.           
Next complete the "undertaking to undergo a TB X-ray within 90 days"  after arrival in The Netherlands.                                                                                                               
Tendered to the IND in The Netherlands.