Driving in Bahrain with a UK license

Hi all,

My name is Luna & I am 17. I recently got my UK license, however, I was wondering if I am Allowed to drive in Bahrain as I have my license, however, am only 17.

Thank you,

Luna

To drive in Bahrain, by law, you need an international driving licence (and be 18+) if you are a visitor and not resident. Rental car companies sometimes don't really enforce it that much.  However, if there are accidents, insurance coverage can be denied due to that or due to your age.

As a resident, you need to convert your license. And as per law, you have to be 18+.  Who knows, sometimes things can happen here despite that - a year here or there may not matter for conversion purposes depending on the officer behind the counter.  BUT insurance is not forgiving about that matter - they may not give you insurance because of your age if the car is in your name and if you drive your parent's car and it gets into an accident despite you having successfully converted your license, it will still be an issue.

Ohh okay, i have a residency here however am studying in the UK. Thank you for this reply, its been very helpful :)