Couple looking for a job

We are a couple from 2 different countries looking for a job abroad.

We are mostly looking at something like taking care of a place or growing vegetables. This is because we want to slow down and get away from the rush and the pollution (where we live now). I am a French and English teacher and my partner is an electrician but can do pretty much any type of DIY job.

We speak French, English, German, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese and some Polish, Dutch and Turkish.

The idea is that we both get jobs at the same place to be together and happy :)

I would be happy with any offers you might have, so we can start packing :)

Depending on your ages you may get a working holiday visa. this visa allowsyou to work at such jobs as fruit picking etc.The type of position you are seeking can be done by locals so your chances are not good as you would not get visas for this.

Your partner, as an electrician would probably get work if he has qualifications but would have to sit an exam here to familiarize himself with NZ electrical regulations. He would need checkable certificates and experience.

As a teacher you would be able to find work, as the country is short of teachers. Again, checkable qualifications and experience.

www.immigration.co.nz  for visas and information. Also contact the NZ Embassy in London for information about jobs as there is a preferred skills list of positions.

It will take time to get a visa too so do not get too excited about packing and heading over just yet.

For cost of living here www.numbeo.com   For jobs do an online search as there are plenty of websites which advertise jobs in NZ. Companies who are interested will organize visas, permits etc.

Hi everyone! I need your help. I'm Rail from Kyrgyzstan, Osh city. I'm 29. I worked by car mechanic 3 years, then I worked by welder and turner on a factory until now. My english - pre intermediate. How can I to find a job in new zealand? I'm Russian citizen. New zealand people help me please, to go to New Zealand is my a big dream!...Thank you in advance. ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

Welcome to the forum.

You need to take the time to read other posts here on the forum that explain the process.
Try this site for information www.immigration.govt.nz 

Also contact the NZ Embassy in Moscow too.