Leaving and re-entering Malaysia without Transfer of endorsement

Hi everyone,
Currently, i am holding both my old passport and new passport, my new passport is issued in Vietnam Embassy in KL but my problem is my employment visa is still on my old passport ( both are still valid but old pp assumed to be cancelled due to new pp issued), i am going to leave Malaysia on Friday and did not have enough time to do the transfer, so anyone here have experienced the same thing? and any consequence if i still try to leave Malaysia and re-enter later?

My new passport have observations page in which they say that: "This passport is issued for the replacement of old passport", does it help much?

Thank you.

Not really as the transfer only takes 3-5 days. You will run into problems as the EL is not valid anymore. If you need a visa to enter Malaysia then get one before you return.

Once you are back in Malaysia you can apply for the balance of time remaining to be stamped in your new passport

So if based on that,  as long as my employment visa is still valid on old passport i can explain to immigration at airport right?  And what kind of visa that i need?  Since on Fri i will go to Taiwan for travelling and will go back later.

I told you the EP is not valid anymore because it's in  cancelled passport. So think of yourself as a tourist when you return from Taiwan and act accordingly.

Hopefully your visa for Taiwan if you need one is in new passport

Thank you Gravitas,  but is it legal if i enter Malaysia by tourist visa and get the transfer for my new visa on new passport?  Will the immigration check on that if i apply for the transfer later?