Visaswhre

I return to australia on april 17 i wish to come back when i sell my house i have just opened a bank account with bankok bank but when i come back how do i get an extension  on my 30 day visa to apply for retirement visa !! I am thinking of getting a one way ticket back here but i heard you have to have a return ticket !! I am 77yrs young single but have thai girlfriend in patong i dont want to buy a condo/house just want room service !! any help would be appreciated  !! thanks guys and gals !!

Dear Mr. retiredenglishgent  Today 05:31:18

I came in on 30-day visa-free stamp and went to US Embassy in Bangkok to get my income affidavit notarized stating how much my monthly income was (I didn't go the 800k in bank route). I then signed a 6-month lease and went to Immigration the next day and applied for a 3 month O visa and 12 month O-A extension (commonly referred to as retirement visa). It took about 3 weeks to get my passport back with the visa stamps and the multiple re-entry permit. I did all of this within the first week of arriving and couldn't apply for a 30-day extension since I didn't have my passport any longer, Immigration had it. In your case, I assume you would have a letter from Bangkok Bank stating that you have sufficient funds in bank instead of using the income affidavit route.
The docs needed are: (sign all copies)
- passport
- copy of passport data page
- copy of passport entry stamp page
- copy of lease agreement & original lease to prove residence in case they wanted to see original
- TM7 extension of stay form filled out
- passport photo (1) paper clipped to TM7 form (print name on back)
- income affidavit notarized at your embassy stating sufficient monthly income OR a Thai bank account letter/statement showing sufficient funds, 800,000 THB
- cash for the fees 7700 THB if you want everything; 3 mth O visa, 12 mth O-A extension and multiple re-entry permit

** looking at my receipts, it was 2,000 THB for 3 mth non-immigrant O visa, 1,900 THB for 12 mth O-A extension (retirement) and 3,800 THB for multiple re-entry permit the first time in July 2016. I used income affidavit from US Embassy (cost $50). I paid someone extra to help me at Immigration to make easy the first time in in addition to the 7,700 THB in immigration fees...

Good luck... hope that helps...

Zues.wmo thanks for the info regards