Urug and wall

I hope fred gets this as he seems to be the man to talk to. thanks fred. just purchased 8are in lovina and am in the process of urugging the plot. although not a paddy, it is quite muddy. have contacted a guy in bali who can carry out the job. he will also build a surrounding wall through 3 sections leaving the front open for the build. he has quoted me 120 mil for the job, although nego. just a little bit curious. it seems a little cheap. do you have any advice for me. thanks mate

Hi Jakidass,

Do not forget to make a building permit (IMB) !!!

If the muddy ground to build a house on it should use the foundation of river rocks and in stocking the rocks the debris has also to be compacted. You can also use a deep concrete foundation.

The foundation construction must be sturdy and pay attention to the carrying capacity of the soil, taking into account the type of building and its function.

Pump well water quality also have to touch the rock at depth, so that the water is no moss or yellow.

120million is usually full building fare from bottom to top as well as finishing size 10m x 15m.

If the price is the details: make a concrete railing of 800are along with the door including material and foundation also water and electricity facility. including building permits. You can still bargain.

Make agreement with payment 3 times (example):
DP will be paid after building permit
1. DP 40% Duty: make a concrete foundation and urugan soil until solid and flat land. Activate PLN Electricity and Drilling Wells.
2. 30% make concrete wall fence and Door Fence.
3. Finishing and repair 30%
Use the drawing that you want.

Hi Zanzio, thank you so much for all the information, although i v e read it more than twice and, i`m really not sure what you are talking about Not your fault. I`m sure you are perfectly correct- it`s that my rudimentary knowledge of the process is a little to be desired. We were told by a trusted friend that it would be a good idea to urug the land first with` tanah urug` biasa and build a wall around the property and build in the future once the land has hardened- so to speak. That`s exactly what we are doing. The cost for the wall on 3 sides totaling approximately 60m length at a height of 2.5m with no finishing on the blocks along with the total land to be urugged is 840m2 at a cost of 120jt. Do you think this is a fair price? I am also looking for an architect to draw me plans of the house/villa. Again thanks for the advice. I wished I knew as much as you do at this stage of the proceedings. Cheers

Hi Jak,

I know you're in love with Bali.
but be careful spending your operational money.
That is not make sence 120jt only for urug and wall.
If you have much time you would better do by your self step by step.

God bless you,

Gatot PJ

Hi Zanzio,
Thanks again. Have you built in Bali yourself and if so, did you use an architect? Do you have any advice for me in my search?. I have contacted a few (although not in North Bali) which seem to be architect/builders owned or part by westerners who quote US dollar or in some cases Euro. We own property in Jakarta and would like to connect with an Indonesian architect/ builder who uses rupiah as the quoted currency for obvious reasons.I am fully aware of others perceptions of using locals to design and manage  the work, but at least prices are negotiable and not unrealistic. My Indonesian wife and I will be in Lovina to oversea and `pay as we go` for material. Cheers