Money transfer from Centrelink directly to Philippines bank

Hi expats,
I would like to talk to Australian expats who transfer their pensions directly from Centrelink to a Philippine bank.
How does the exchange rate compare to other methods is my main concern.
I'm looking for a way that is of financial benefit to me and not the banks.

GDay mate
Best way would be open a citibank account in Australia then have your pension paid into it
They offer no ATM charges but you get hit from a Philippines ATM 200p
No avoiding the bank's..they always make something from you and to be realistic you should always allow for a charge in exchange rates if you chose to live abroad

At present my pension goes into an Anz account. 
I transfer to them then call them.
They charge $10 plus half a peso per dollar.
Money is in my BPI account next day.
Is there a better way that you know about?

Sorry for any confusion.
I electronically transfer from ANZ to a money changer in Melbourne then call them with details.

Ok silvea  I am not on pension but I do transfer my rent money to Philippines bank Metrobank, my rent transfer is $1300, my bank St George is charging me $10 for transfer, but then Bank here which is Metrobank charge me 1000 php, not sure for what, my Wife called them, they say the charge is because of third party transfer, but then again I use direct bank to bank transfer no third party involved, sounds they bull sheet to me, and I am trying to get the right answers but impossible as no one really knows how to answer my question, but been charged every month, not sure what to do next ?

Hi Sam,
I'm unsure of the rules on posting personal info. Seems to result in site closure.
The following is about a friend who transferred $1000 from an Australian bank directly to a Philippines bank. Based on the exchange rate of that day the equivalent of $750 was deposited in his bank. He swore not to do that again.

I do not think any of this is personal, Banks are Public Companies, and if we do not like some of them we have right to say, after all it is democracy, telling about money wow not a big deal about it, and I think everyone here is talking about personal experiences in life, but we do not advertise any thing so they can not buth us out right ??

I initiated this post to try and find the most efficient and cost effective way to transfer money from there to here.
The $1k sent to$750 arrived was an example of what banks charge.
Thanks for the replies

I have lived in the Philippines for 3 plus years and sent money for additional years.  I have found its better to get your Centrelink money added to your Australian bank account.  I use ANZ.  My pension gets put in every 28 days.  I wait for 3 Centrelink payments before i send the money here.
Then i use Orbit Remit to transfer my money to the desired account.  $4 per transaction and good exchange rate.  Much better than using US companies to do this.  Dont even think of using Aussie Banks to do this.  If you want any more info i will be happy to help you. In the Philippines i use BPI Bank.

Thanks Kennyboy49,
Mine also to ANZ except every two weeks. Electronic transfer to J&J then to BPI. As I said before $10 + about 0.5peso off that days exchange rate.
I will call Orbit Remit.
Thanks mate.

I did not mention if you use Orbitremit you will know exactly how many pesos you will receive for your  dollar.  You can find them in FB. if you have questions they always reply within a few hours.   For me as my pension goes in on Friday, as long as you do the transaction before close of Banking EST it will be in your PH Bank account Saturday aft.

I have just looked at the exchange rate in Orbit remit and it is 40.2994/AU$1.00.  If you minus the $4.00 transfer fee you know exactly how much you will receive in your nominated account in the Philippines.

About 0.5peso and $4 vs $10. and first time free.  Time to give them a go.
Thanks

No bank fees if you use Orbit Remit transferring money from AU to your nominated PH account.  AU$ 4 transaction fee and good exchange rate. AU banks are a rip off like US affiliated companies.