Advice for young couple moving to Alicante

Hi, my name's James (26) and I'm currently living in Glasgow, Scotland with my boyfriend Kris (32). We really fancy a change from our current lifestyle and after doing some research we're keen to move to Alicante, Spain hopefully next Spring. We've heard there's a large expat community, it's not too far from home, and the weather & culture are great. We've been to the costa Blanca before and loved it. We don't know any Spanish as of yet but planning to learn at least the basics (to an intermediary level if possible). Kris is already a duty manager in a hotel in Glasgow so hoping he can easily get a job as at least a receptionist (hopefully duty manager) in a hotel in Alicante. I'm working 9-5 in an office and I want to get away from that, not really sure what else to do yet so think I'll just get a bar job and hopefully enjoy that, see what pops up if anything, just go with the flow really. I'm not sure I'll even like bar work but not sure what else to do, think it's best to go out and try something new, once I'm there and I can figure it out... My question is - has anyone else had a similar experience, and has it gone smoothly? Is it feasible to expect us to be able to find jobs/apartment without fluency in Spanish, and be able to earn enough to live? We'd really like an apartment with a veranda/balcony where we could sit and relax in the sun, when we're not working! We're not bothered about living lavishly, we're willing to take a hefty pay cut for a better/simpler lifestyle, just wondering if it's even feasible to earn enough to live in Spain, from low paid jobs? We have savings but would prefer to be able to get by without these once we're up and running. Also, can we expect to find jobs that we'll be able to keep through the winter? If not - any other jobs going through the winter? Sorry for the long post, just wanted to paint a clear picture! Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Sorry cant help too much with your questions on getting work , We have been here 15 Years now and dont have any regrets , I guess the only advice i can give is if it is something you really want to do , go for it , better than living thinking what if , the worst that can happen is that you go back

good luck