Visa for family of work permit holder

Hi,

I am non Belgian and non- EU citizen.
I am living in Japan now and planning to move to Leuven (probably) in May for work. My work permit just approved from government to work in Belgium. I'm applying for long term visa (type D) from Belgium embassy in Japan. It may take around 2 weeks.

At the same time,  my husband also wants to apply for visa as a family of work permit holder. Any info on this visa application? I've heard that this type of visa is different from family reunion.

Highly appreciated if anyone can share experience and supporting document that might be needed or advice. 

Thanks,
Maryam

Where have you read about such a visa ? Any official websites you are referring to ?

I couldn't find any official website in this regard.
However, the word file that I received from BOXX in Belgium entitled as "VISA APPLICATION FOR FAMILY OF A WORK PERMIT/HOSTING AGREEMENT HOLDER"!
The main required documents including medical certificate, police certificate, lease contract and copy of my work permit.

Embassy in Tokyo told me that the family reunion visa takes more than 6 months, but I am wondering that this type of visa be applicable for my husband since I haven't settle in Belgium and do not have residence card.

We are going to apply for visa together. Could you help me for which type of visa he should apply?

I couldn't find any official website in this regard.
However, the word file that I received from BOXX in Belgium entitled as "VISA APPLICATION FOR FAMILY OF A WORK PERMIT/HOSTING AGREEMENT HOLDER"!
The main required documents including medical certificate, police certificate, lease contract and copy of my work permit.

Embassy in Tokyo told me that the family reunion visa takes more than 6 months, but I am wondering that this type of visa be applicable for my husband since I haven't settle in Belgium and do not have residence card.

We are going to apply for visa together. Could you help me for which type of visa he should apply?

If that a pdf or word document and an actual application form ? In that case it is just the filename of that document.

The correct visa type is family re-union for your spouse. You both can apply at the same time for your visas.

Thank you for your reply.

I've found the for family reunion visa, I should first settle in Belgium. In addition, this type of visa takes more than 6 months. I don't think that this is applicable for my husband.

How about dependent visa?

Family reunion visa and dependent visas are one and the same thing. The 6 months processing time is when one of you is already in Belgium and the partner applies for this visa separately.

You can apply for your husband's dependent/re-union visa at the same time when you apply for your visa (supported by your WP). There are many threads in the forum with more information on the documentation and experiences from people who did this in the past. Link to the forum: https://www.expat.com/forum/257-3-visas-brussels.html
More here: https://www.expat.com/forum/256-3-visas-belgium.html

Thank you so much for sending the links. I will check them.

Best regards,
Maryam

Hi Aneesh,

For work permit for Dependant spouse :
I am on work permit B, can My wife apply for work permit C after receiving the residence permit card.

I read a few links which have some provisions for family members under family reunification.

http://werk-economie-emploi.brussels/en … ork-permit

"The family members of a national of a non-EES member state who has cited or obtained the right / the authorisation to stay based on article 10/10bis of the Law of 15/12/1980 (family reunification), insofar as the stay of a national of a non-EES member state giving right is not limited to the exercise of professional activities. (Art. 17.6 - 17.7)"

Can you help.

Thanks
Akhil

Hi Akhil,

Your wife do not need to apply for work permit.She is dependent on you then js just you have ask new residence card & its mentioned on the backside of the card that she is allowed to work.