Employment Pass

Hi,
Already submitted docs for the employment pass since March 05 under an agency.  this week is my 4th week and no news yet on the approval of the employment pass.  Is there a possibility that an employment pass will be rejected and will not push through with the offer? (i already signed the offer letter though).  Thank you

Always a chance of rejection. Usually due to lack of experience (minimum 2-3 yrs) or the job can be done by a Malaysian so no need to hire a foreigner.

Another reason for rejection is competitive process has not been properly conducted. I.e offering jobs to friends etc

I am in a similar situation. I signed the contract with a International hotel chain in KL a month ago and sent all the documents that they needed. It has been already one month but no news yet. I have a Master Degree and experience in many different countries in Asia. The position is Food &Beverage Manager. How long it would take? Do you think there is a chance of being rejected? Thank you very much

There is a huge chance of the application being rejected. One of the reasons for say Europeans is that the salary level is just too low compared to the qualifications on offer (i.e. over qualified). The basic rule is - if a Malaysian is available to perform the job,  there will be no approval for foreigners to be hired.

As Malaysia is striving to increase salaries for Malaysians, they would need to be occupying management positions for this to happen. Frequently adverts these days say local graduates are welcome to apply (lots of unemployment of these folks) and training will be given.

Without any local languages whatsoever, it's hard to see how a non-Malaysian would be able to perform the job.

Most of the hotels that advertise positions state quite clearly only Malaysians will be considered.

There are quite a few job scams in the F&B area, including Regis.

The offer letter should always mention that it is subject to immigration approval.