How to deal with stress when moving to India

Moving abroad is no easy feat. Everyone has their own ways of dealing with stress, so we invite you to share some insights regarding this topic.

What are the main factors that contribute to stress when moving to India (cultural adaptation, moving with family, administrative and bureaucratic issues, language differences, etc.)?

What activities would you recommend to help deal with this type of stress?

What are some techniques that have helped you deal with stress?

Is there a way to avoid being stressed out or anxious when moving to India?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Do TM (Transcendental Meditation)

Meet people who are ready to help you out with daily stuff. I mean locals.

Not knowing well the culture will make me stressed. selecting appropriate food will be difficult for me first as well crossing roads. But now by knowing there use(advantages) about the spices I get confort with food

Find the best place to live. Also food that makes you comfortable. India can be overwhelming so find the places & activities you enjoy. The right people will come that way. I had to find a quiet space to work. That can be hard but keep trying.  I need a.c., stores where I can get western items, art supplies: ask the appropriate locals, then explore. Hypercity is fab as supermarket. Bisleri & Kinley are best water. I read lots of expat blogs before I left US--that helped. Be brave. Enjoy the adventure. India will tax your resolve but it is terrific. Investigate everything when you first get there. It will come to you. Be patient.