How to deal with stress when moving to Cyprus

Moving abroad is no easy feat. Everyone has their own ways of dealing with stress, so we invite you to share some insights regarding this topic.

What are the main factors that contribute to stress when moving to Cyprus (cultural adaptation, moving with family, administrative and bureaucratic issues, language differences, etc.)?

What activities would you recommend to help deal with this type of stress?

What are some techniques that have helped you deal with stress?

Is there a way to avoid being stressed out or anxious when moving to Cyprus?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

I guess the biggest stress is in the initial move into the unkown  ie Cyprus. then the getting your self registered can be stressful depending on personal circumstances and the requirements of becoming a legitimate resident.

i think many people beat themselves up a lot over making mistakes...  My advise dont  there is no need to  - you wont be the first and certainly wont be the last to do this... take your time, dont rush making decisions  and yes i realise in some circumstances things may have to be done quickly so ask the questions and get as much advice as you can from as many sources as you can find, listen to it all, consider everything  and ignore nothing.

research research research - - plan plan plan

take time out to relax dont let it build up and worry you it really isnt as difficult as it seems - and meet as many people as you can, be inquisitive, join the various groups and blogs  - get as many viewpoints as possible...  you will be surprised how many people are prepared to help you and guide you...

dont worry about the language many people live here from all different nations, theyall manage, if it worrie you take a course there are many very good language tutors about 1-2-1 or in small classes - its fun learning....

schooling is probably one of the big worries for younger families for sure but ask the right questions in the right places and you will soon feel a lot better

adapting to the way things work here can be a strain but just go with the flow if you can  -dont fight it you will be wasting time and energy better spent on getting your quality of life and work balanced.

culturally Cyprus is likely to be different to the one you are used to,,, but the bottomline Cyprus is a very friendly island and we are all just people and we all have the same worries quirks and foibles - so once again relax enjoy the different things, be amazed and confused sometimes at the same time  but above all else consume and digest all the wonderful things here  - - soak it all up and learn... you will love it

do what you would normally do to destress when you were in your homeland