Housing in Rincon Area

Hello all!

My names Ashley and I currently live in Loveland, Colorado but will be moving to Rincon area in late September/early October of 2018! I am very excited and cannot wait to meet new people and experience all the beauty Puerto Rico has to offer! I am wondering what is the best way to go about long term rentals? I have seen a few on Air Bnb, but am wondering if there are any contacts or other webistes that may offer other options as well!

I will be bringing my dog Tillie with me, so I need to find a dog-friendly place. I also will be working out of the place I am staying at so I need Wifi.

I am thinking I will stay in one place for a couple month and then move to another if possible, any advice or recommendations is extremely helpful!

Cannot wait for this adventure!

- Ashley

Hi Ashley

There is a thread on this site called how to deal on property. It has a mix of advice for buying and renting. Rey had a post with a lot of links for researching places.

Hi Ashley,
I moved here to PR 4 years ago from Denver and would always stop in Loveland on the way to Ft. Collins I'm sure you will love it here!!....one good contact you can reach out to for  rentals in Rincon is Jennifer Lopez at tropical coast properties. www.rinconpropertyrentals.com

She does rentals as well as real estate sales( in case you decide you don't want to leave that area)  and is a good person to know . Rentals are advertised as vacation rentals but there are monthly rates as well  and everything is negotiable ( in my opinion).

Happy house hunting!!

Hi Ashley,

If you haven't done so already, join the FB page "Friends of Rincon".  People usually list info on long term rentals there, but if they don't you can always post that question.  It is a very helpful group.  There's a few people living in Rincon from the Colorado area.   Good luck with the move...hopefully I'll see you in Rincon in a few years.  That's where we plan to retire.
Leslie

Thanks Drew! I will head over there and look!

Larry,

Thanks for the quick response and advice I will head over there and look! Yes I sure do love it here in Colorado but cannot wait to move to Puerto Rico, glad there are so many others who think the same :)

- Ashley

Leslie,

Thanks for the advice, I went over to that facebook page and joined the group. Thank you hope to see you there as well!

-Ashley

Hi Ashley,
First off, welcome to the Forum and Puerto Rico soon. I am a little confused about your statement, you want a long term rental but are thinking of moving around. In my book a long term rental is 6 months to a year, not a couple of months.

Airbnb is great for a few days and maybe a month, it is very expensive past that point. I disagree on looking for Vacation Rental units, they tend to be thousands of dollars per month just like Airbnb.

A realtor can help, clasificados can also help and the people in the Facegroup "Friends of Rincon can help even more. They are feet on the ground, they drive around and see units with signs for rent (Se Alquila).

Once you are in the area, drive around, in Rincon you should be able to find a place to rent in the 600-900 dollars a month if you deal directly with the owner. Stay in an Airbnb for a week or two while you find that inexpensive rental unit.

Take a look at this: http://www.clasificadosonline.com/UDRen … -+Busqueda