Do I REALLY need to buy a return ticket?

CanadaDoug: a pensioner visa has never depended on your age.

You have to prove that you have a pension income of at least 3 times the minimum Colombian monthly salary.

Btw, Ive been meaning to respond to this question for awhile and just now getting around to it.....There are numerous websites now that will rent you a ticket for $5-$10.......and there even a few sites where you do it for free.........So it doesnt cost much to anything to be on the safe side.....When I entered Medellin a few months ago, my return was out of Guayaquil back to Panama and they didnt say anything........But they do want to know where you will be staying....So have the name of a hotel or hostel ready for them.........Saludos.....

And what happened with the 89 boxes and aduanas? I think I understood you were shipping those air freight.
Did you find that aduanas opened the boxes for inspection?

I just shipped 56 boxes from Miami to Medellin and while there was a little hold up with aduanas because they were operating on 5 yr old info about visas once I got the stuff not one box had been opened. All intact and nothing missing. I had one small pottery mug broken but that's it.

Also, did you have your visa in hand when shipping? My experience was that I was not allowed to even ship until I had a visa. I did get my cedula slightly before the shipment was delivered in Medellin but the visa I'd had since March.

Welcome to Colombia.

Steve

PS
Pertaining to the airline ticket subject. I've flown in and out of MDE well over a dozen times and several of those on one way tickets.......purchased 2 separate itineraries in many cases as it was a lot cheaper to split the travel. Used American, jetBlue, Copa and Latam. Have never had anyone ask for my ongoing/return ticket.
Tickets purchased in the US always have a 24 hour cancellation window without penalty, it's US law.
Another option if you feel you really should buy the return ticket is to buy a refundable ticket which while much more $$ to begin with is then refundable prior to that travel date. I've done this with Copa when living in Panama.

Once again Tubes is full of vinegar and useless *** advice.

Blind Freddy see Canada Doug was talking about the TP 7 or the Colombian Retirement visa.

Further updated information about this visa may be obtained here:

https://www.farinternational.com/2017-u … ment-visa/

Woohoo

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please pay attention to your language

Your link to the retirement visa tp7 cites one year. My Cedula de Extranjeria say MIGRANTE on it. It expires in approximately 3 years from issue.
The web link site clearly states "It will need to be renewed each year". Your link is outdated.

My expat friends tourist visa is finished for the 6 months in 2018. He is going to Panama next week for a few days and returning to Medellin. He says no prob they will give him another 3 month stamp. Can it be that the 6 months maximum in a calendar year is like the requirement for having an exit ticket.?....not enforced!  I will keep you posted.

I wait with baited breath.......Your friend may be a groundbreaking pioneer.....showing us the narrow path thru the jungle.........

We discussed this before. Ten to one your expat "friend" is a ***

Dont believe half the rumours you hear on these forums.

So we see who gives the **** advice..

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please pay attention to your language

Is the 6 month maximum in a year rule enforced?
My Expat friend is due out of Colombia very soon. His 6 months in a year is finished. Hes going to Panama City  for 3 days and returning. Not something I would chance that is what he is doing. Says hes done it before. Maybe its BS and maybe it isnt. I will let you know what happens.

The 6 month max rule in a calendar year is being enforced. My expat friend was refused re entry into Colombia after a 3 day visit to Panama. He had overstayed a month here before leaving so he was told at the Bogota airport to not come back until February 2019.

Good job, Doug. :top:   You said you'd keep us informed and you did.

You provided useful information.

Thank you.

cccmedia

No sweat bro
Remember heheheheh when i venture south into Ecuador Im relying on your info to have a good time there.

I bought a ticket last week to travel by air to Lima.

I have been printing out documents on my printer:

1.  The email confirmation that the airline, LatAm, says is proof of purchase of the round-trip ticket.

2.  A recent monthly bank-statement and evidence of even more recent activity in my USA bank account, showing solvency-plus, just in case it's needed.  It took me awhile to find a page with a monthly statement that includes my name and address on it.

3.  A copy of my AirBNB confirmation and the receipt for Lima lodging.

---

The airline has been contacting me repeatedly this week, offering to sell me a class upgrade from coach.  The offer is tempting because the coach ticket only allows for one carry-one bag, with an excess bag costing $100 each way. 

I put in a bid (bids range from about $30 plus tax to $100, the amount to be determined by the passenger).  I will be notified, the airline said, 8 to 12 hours before the flight .. as to whether my bid was accepted.

cccmedia

Need a professional-looking itinerary to show an airline your travel plans, which plans do not include roundtrip air tickets but need to 'pass muster' as onward travel?

I just found www.inspirock.com, which provides a presentable format that allows a traveler to input dates and cities for a classy and printable itinerary.

In my case, I plan to show a bus connection (not yet purchased, but with purchase information added by hand) between Puerto Varas, Chile, and Bariloche, Argentina.

This will clearly give me the flexibility to plan my bus ride to Bariloche  and my eventual flight back to Lima, Peru, from Bariloche or another city in Argentina, on dates of my choosing and at my convenience .. while showing a credible itinerary in the meantime.  I already have a paid ticket from Lima back to my original city of flight-origination -- Quito, Ecuador.

cccmedia in Lima

I plan to go to the www.andestransit.com website and show ticketing and pricing for my designated (yet not officially confirmed) date of bus travel.

Print off that information and attach it to the Inspirock itinerary .. and -- ipso facto -- good to go!

cccmedia