Mailing; Dubai to Bahrain

Dear community,
I am moving from Dubai to Bahrain soon. However there are couple of questions that I couldn't find answers online neither in forum although there are some similar topics. Let me shoot my questions hoping somebody already have experience and if not I'll update the post with my experience eventually.

I am trying to reduce my costs for moving my belongings from point A to B which are not more than 50kg and fits into mid size box. Options are as following;
- Aramex/Fedex/etc : Costly
- Movers: Costly
- AirCargo on the flight I'm taking: TBD
- Emirates Post: Cheap

According to calculator in here https://www.epg.ae/esvc/services/mailra … ed.xhtmla, it seems to be the best option. However, I don't have a residence in Bahrain and I'll be going there on visit visa without residency. My company is also in process to get their CR so they also don't have PO Box.

Assuming I'll post my package from Dubai using Emirates Post and indicate receiver as  myself and the address as my work place;

1- Would custom office hand the package over to Bahrain post without my presence if there's nothing to declare? And after this hand over process, would Bahrain Post  deliver the package to
a* to my work place
b*hotel
c* nearby post office
as a pick up point?

2-  Regardless should I go to customs even if there's nothing to declare and no commercial stuff in it?

3- What would happen if postman cannot find me in  pickup address?

4- What is the difference between Aramex and Emirates Post except the costs?

I would appreciate your help if you have some experience on this.

1) Yes and no.  It doesn't matter if there is nothing to declare.  Quite often for larger packages, customs want to take a look.  They will hand it over to Bahrain post without your presence if there is no issue. If there is something then BP will send across a letter to your address advising how you can go to pick it up from customs.  Otherwise they will deliver to whatever address you have put on the package

2) This is not up to you.  Once you post it then it is up to the postal company how they handle customs processes.  Even in air cargo, it is not your choice to decide.  As I said, most larger goods WILL pass through customs and they will check; even if it is a cursory look

3) Depends if it is a signature required delivery or not.  If not, they will just leave the package and go.  Since it's likely to be a bigger box, they might not leave it.  In that case, they will send you communication to come and collect it from the post office

4) Aramex is a courier service whereas EP is a postal service.  The difference is not just cost; it's time and reliability as well.  All your questions about where to deliver and so on won't even apply with Aramex as they notify you when the package is here and then deliver to wherever you want them to deliver to!

To follow up on my experience;
Aramex told they cannot carry personal belongings that are +32kg and should be from "company" to "company".  And couldn't rely on Emirates Post and uncertainties. Decided to go with Air Cargo/Dnata-FlyDubai.
Wrote mail to them and got the response as following;

"Freight : on Chargeable Weight
Below 45kg                    AED 6.00/kg
Surcharges:                                           
MCC :                    AED 35.00/ per shipment
In addition to the above charges, a fee of approximately 500 Dirhams will be applicable for Dnata handling and Dubai Customs
-          Our services are from Airport to Airport only.
-          Bag/Box should not be more than 100kg per box and dimensions should not exceed L 130 x W 120 x H 80cm.
"

1- They told I should make a phone booking in advance but I couldn't make booking as their customer service was not working on Friday. Took my box and went to Airport Freezone(after terminal 2) in Dubai without booking. Once I entered the freezone, I seek for the Dnata Export building where you start your paperwork. They will also give a sticker for your box.

They offered AED 3.9/kg for +45kg

2- Weighted my box in cargo drop zone. Attached stickers.

3- Went to customs. Paid AED 75

4- Came back to Dnata export building. Made payment. AED 500 for handling + (kg x 3.9)

5- Visited cargo drop zone again. Showed the papers. Box went through x-ray.

6- You will be holding 4 papers about your cargo.

In Dubai for 45kg I paid 820(Dnata) + 75(customs) = 900 AED and spent 2 hours.

end of part1

Cargo arrived to Bahrain. Next day, I landed.

1-  Cargo area is approx 2-3km away from international arrivals. There is a big "DHL" building on the right side after the exit and cargo arrivals are behind that building. You should not wear shorts if you want to enter the area.

2- Once you enter the zone you will see "cargo clearance agents" who kinda helps you if you pay extra and they do the paperwork for you. Honestly I found it a bit fishy but just was afraid of unknown and hectic procedures.

3- Once your paperwork is done which takes 2 hours, you exit the building and they bring your pack. Meanwhile you pay 40BHD (approx 400AED) to those agents who "handles" the process.

4- Once your box is cleared/scanned you recieve your box outside the building. 

So for 45kg personal effects I paid AED 1300 + 4 hours of hassle using air cargo

According to emirates post the total cost would be around AED300. And Bahrain Post told all they need is an address to deliver.

DHL/UPS/etc offers around AED 2000 for the 45kg.

tldr;
I wouldn't recommend air cargo if your belongings are below 80kg. Instead book an additional seat, buy extra luggage and keep your stuff with you. Or just let the movers do the stuff from point A to B. During export/import stages, I felt I made a mistake by sending the box via air cargo personally. Luckily the Bahraini taxi driver whom I met after the airport exit was with me during the import stage, managing the "agents" which made me feel less worried but in return taximeter displayed x5 times more than actual price.

thanks for the update!