Immigration fines

Shall have to leave DR for a while for Europe.
Well been here for quite a while so I expect immigration will pounce on me with a large fine.
But I have no problem with that , still cheaper than having to leave the country every few months like most places.
Been trying to find the government website with the current list of fines but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Looking at  passport been here since 4 November 2014  and leaving 5th  of this month.
So that would make it 3 years and 5 months.
Anyone got any ideas how much  fine I have to pay?
And do they only accept pesos or can Euros be used?

Welcome to the forums.  This has been posted a number of times, let me find it again.

you want to take pesos with you to pay the fine honey as the  exchange rate will not be in your favor.

Overstay Fees
Time    Cost
1 day – 3 months    RD$2,500.00
3 – 9 months    RD$4,000.00
9 – 12 months    RD$5,000.00
12 – 18 months    RD$6,500.00
18 – 24 months    RD$8,000.00
24 – 30 months    RD$9,500.00
30 – 36 months    RD$11,000.00
36 – 48 months    RD$16,000.00
48 – 60 months    RD$20,000.00
6 years    RD$30,000.00
7 years    RD$40,000.00
8 years    RD$50,000.00
9 years    RD$60,000.00
10 years    RD$70,000.00

Ok thanks fot that Planne, so looks like 16000 then
And yes  of course, I intended to pay in pesos , only mentioned Euros just in case I should get my sums wrong and need to top it up  with a few euros if necessary.

Keep the extra pesos for your return. They will come in handy.  Have a safe trip & a rapid return.

You said, "leaving the country every few months like most places".... Mexico allows 6 months, and apparently doesn't even care, or shake you down, if you do overstay that.8

Ok thanks although might be a while before return. Anyway thanks and good luck to all in Sosua.
Guess i shall miss it

@the colonel
Yeah so whats your point?
I said most places -Mexico is not most places its one place.

In most Places you are classed as a law breaker and prosecuted if you overstay  and hit with heavy fines or even jail.
Even in the European Union where you can just travel around without Visas there are still limits on stay , for example in Romania you can stay 90 days maximum.
So really DR  it's probably the most flexible and easiest place to stay long-term in the world.

No, mexico is.

Ok,  thats enough,  we all understand.

Yeah you are right planner I didn't intend to get into a slanging which country is best and really my question wasn't about that .
But seems some people like to stray off the point. anyway I got the information I wanted so thanks for that

I understand.  So we have it handled honey!  All good.