Monthly living cost

Hello

Can someone tell me if a single person can live relatively comfortably on 2200 TL a month in Istanbul?

Many thanks

hi there,
there are people who can survive even with their family by 1600 lira (net minimum wage), but actually you will spend it only for rent to live in a tolerable district, not luxury.
5000+ will lead you to enjoy a regular life in the ordinary way. 10000+ brings you having fun around..
cheers

Borarro is right with calculating.about fun and enjoying but if you are lucky and find such job with such salary  :/

Hi

Thanks for your input. This is the cost breakdown that I have gathered from some research for a single person

Rent 800 tl
Utilities 260 tl
Internet 60 tl
Metro 205 tl
Food 600 tl
mobile 60 tl

which comes to roughly 2000 tl. Do you think it's relatively accurate?

Best

Hi

True..I mean the more the merrier ofcourse that is true for any city but from what I gather Istanbul is relatively cheap to live in for a cosmopolitan city.  I sent him my cost breakdown from some research that I did for a single person living in a small apartment in the suburb

Rent 800 tl
Utilities 260 tl
Internet 60 tl
Metro 205 tl
Food 600 tl
mobile 60 tl

what do you think ? As an expat living there is this relatively accurate?

Thanks

It's depends on you how open-handed life you like good luck

That really does not answer my question but nevermind thanks

Hi Borraro
Could you please give  examples of a tolerable, not luxury districts to live in Istanbul? I heard that some areas in the suburbs of Istanbul are good areas to live in, and that they are less expensive than living near the city center
Thank you.

Fred

i cannot fred, istanbul is a huge metropolitan city, there are almost 200 district names. the weird thing is that sometimes neighbour distrcits with 10 min walk distance have incredible differences by means of price and people quality.
tell me who lives in suburbs? of course lower income level people. why they are so? bcs they are less educated. so if you want to live in the same neighbourhood with those who may even attack you if you eat something during ramadan fasting or you wear miniskirt while walking on the street, then it is yr choice.

Thank you for your reply.
I am looking for some districts of middle class people, especially young educated people who, for example graduated recently from university and start working.
Thanks again.
Fred

places that is close to büyükdere caddesi which is zincirlikuyu levent etc is kinda business center of the city and many young people working and staying there. Rents are expensive though