Where can I get a laptop in Da Nang?

I'm in need of a new laptop, where in Da Nang can I get a brand name laptop (preferably Dell or Acer)?

I went to (highly suggested) Phi Long Technology center here in town and it was a dud. I looked at a couple of their laptops (they have a TON) and they're very fishy. Acers with OS that I've never heard of, other laptops that advertise certain specs only to find out they're not those specs at all (finding this out by checking the specs on the actual laptop itself)... I'm just not convinced that their selection is actually legitimate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try one of the authorised retailers of Dell.
www.dell.com (click on 'central')
Check the FPT shop/s as well.

alwyzchanging wrote:

I'm in need of a new laptop, where in Da Nang can I get a brand name laptop (preferably Dell or Acer)?

I went to (highly suggested) Phi Long Technology center here in town and it was a dud. I looked at a couple of their laptops (they have a TON) and they're very fishy. Acers with OS that I've never heard of, other laptops that advertise certain specs only to find out they're not those specs at all (finding this out by checking the specs on the actual laptop itself)... I'm just not convinced that their selection is actually legitimate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you check out their website? Here's what they say they have in Dell:

Phi Long Technology online

Perhaps if you make a few choices from online and then go back with specific requests, they can show you something closer to what you are seeking.

Cheers!

Gordy

senwl wrote:

According to this listing on the Dell site, Phi Long is listed as an authorized dealer...of Dell.

Not saying the other stuff they have isn't sh*t...

Phi Long
152 Hàm Nghi, Da Nang
Tel: 0974..402..403 l Contact: Mr. Duy
Email: ngocduyATphilong.com.vn

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
senwl wrote:

According to this listing on the Dell site, Phi Long is listed as an authorized dealer...of Dell.

Not saying the other stuff they have isn't ***...

Phi Long
152 Hàm Nghi, Da Nang
Tel: 0974..402..403 l Contact: Mr. Duy
Email: ngocduyATphilong.com.vn

Never been to Phi Long, can't comment on what they sell.
Acer also names Phi Long as their (authorized) retailer in Da Nang.

Seems OP is complaining about the OS that comes with the machine. Most (if not all) shops in VN give limited or free versions of Win OS which are usually good for a year. Else they give a free Linux OS (Ubuntu).
That's how they push customers to purchase the licensed versions of Win OS.

For hardware configurations, it's wise to select a couple of models online and take note of their technical specifications.  Later in the shop just ask for the same model no/s and check the hardware on offer.

I think the OP is saying that they have the specs listed but the computer at Phi Long has different specs than what is being told... is there another place you recommend going? I'm in need of a laptop as well and was wondering about this.

Explodingsharpies wrote:

I think the OP is saying that they have the specs listed but the computer at Phi Long has different specs than what is being told... is there another place you recommend going? I'm in need of a laptop as well and was wondering about this.

An authorized seller is not supposed to tamper with the specs (hardware). Still, in Vietnam nothing is impossible.
Wherever you go you need to do your own research and cross-check all specs (on the machine itself) before you make the purchase.
You can check the FPT Shops in Da Nang.

Here's a random Dell model and its specs as listed on Dell Vietnam and FPT Shop websites. 
Same specs. Only Win 10 Pro is replaced with Win 10 Home SL.

Yet, at the FPT shop if you want to buy this laptop, you must double-check these specs on the machine you're about to buy.

I buy everything online here ... Try https://www.lazada.vn/

... always arrives. Specs match ... So far.

Hi there, how long does it take if I order something from Lazada?
Thanks