Quality of life

Hi all

I have just arrived in Sohar, Oman and one of the things I have noticed is that the air quality does not seem good. If you look into the distance,the air seems opaque and objects are obscured. Is this due to heavy air pollution?

I'm worried because next month I bring up my family to Sohar and my baby is 1 yr 2 months old. I don't want her lungs and health to be adversely affected.

Is it better if I get a nanny, keep her indoors and filter the air coming into the house?

Kind regards

thanks for this note it will be useful for all moving families to sohar oman but if possible it would be better for kids health to move to other city in oman

For those who may not be aware, Sohar is a predominantly industrial town. The largest enterprise in Sohar is its mega Industrial Estate - spread out on either side of the Sohar-Dubai highway. Iron and Steel and Aluminium and Chemicals and a plethora of other allied metals, minerals and chemicals are manufactured in the many different plants which are located within the Sohar Industrial Estate zones.

Despite the government's most stringent pollution and emission control mechanisms, there is bound to be a certain amount of spillage of wastes on the land, sea and air in Sohar. I have noticed that close to and inside the Industrial zones, the air quality is definitely thick with an assortment of dust and micro impurities. But a little further away it clears slightly and is not as bad.