Rural Malta

Hi,

We are visiting Malta this summer with a view to move there permanently in the near future. We would love  to visit small villages and rural areas while we are there. Could anyone please suggest any places we should look at? Thank you.

KatPras

KatPras wrote:

Hi,

We are visiting Malta this summer with a view to move there permanently in the near future. We would love  to visit small villages and rural areas while we are there. Could anyone please suggest any places we should look at? Thank you.

KatPras

Welcome to the Forum, are you asking about Malta or Gozo?

Thank you for your reply GozoMo. We are trying to discover rural areas of Malta. Ideally, we would love to live in Gozo however, due to work opportunities we feel that we need to look into Malta as well.

Do you have any idea where you maybe working?  Living in the less populated areas of Malta may mean traveling into work could  be a problem. Many  people travel from Gozo to work there everyday but it can take a lot of time.   Hopefully someone who lives on Malta can help you, good luck.

On Malta I'd suggest looking into the south around Siggiewi or Zurrieq, or north west, e.g. Manikata, or maybe around Mgarr. I must say though that I know these areas just from hiking trips or visits as a tourist, I've lived in Mellieha and St Pauls in the north, which both offer the opporunity to walk into rural areas within a few minutes, while living in a place where you have everything you need for your daily life...

We live in Siggiewi. Sleepy village core, few shops, lots of green areas around. Close to ghar lapsi, dingli etc. It's so quiete here if you go for a walk past 8pm you don't see a soul and we live in the UCA so almost no building and noise. Other than the church bells.

Out of rush hour it's very quick to Valletta and sliema area. Airport close etc. Nearer than it was when we lived in Mosta. Heck it's wuicker from here to Sliema than it was from St Julian's to Sliema with all the building and nightmare lol

We are really happy here it's known by the locals as Gozo on Malta

It is though far from all the private schools. Only really QSI is a reachable distance that time of the morning. Many say local school is one of the best but they have only 3 foreigners so I am not really in the mood tor that.