Return flight tickets

Hi guys

Question... you have to show a return flight ticket when going to manila. However if you get an extended tourist visa for a year throught the embassay in london do you still need a return ticket

With tourist Visa you must show return ticket, but then again when i come last time i only had one way for me and my Son, Wife is Filipina, ****** but if you work it out you will find that return ticket is cheaper then getting two single tickets or one ways only.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Borderline
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
samangelevski wrote:

With tourist Visa you must show return ticket, but then again when i come last time i only had one way for me and my Son, Wife is Filipina, all you need is print out of a dummy ticket, that way no need to pay for new ticket. but if you work it out you will find that return ticket is cheaper then getting two single tickets or one ways only.

Except if you plan to stay for a year many airlines will not sell a ticket more than 11 months from the date of purchase.

you do not need a return ticket only a ticket out of the Philippines, look online and buy the cheapest ticket or buy a refundable ticket and refund when you arrive in the Philippines.

Bhavna why will you edit my post, every foreigner knows about dummy tickets, how do you think we travel around the world and stay in place longer then 28 days, come on it is ridiculous what you doing, I am not offending anyone or telling lies just plain truth what is in the world, every Airline will issue you with dummy or foulce ticket for little charge normal practice, but you don't believe me so why don't you do are research before you decide to edit my post, and if you can not find one let me know i will get you are dummy ticket.

I totally cocure with your statement !!!!! Why edit facts when this can be assisting people ! Cannot see lodgic here ?

AirAsia....Kota Kinabalu. Probably cheapest for outgoing ticket requirements.

detgator wrote:

I totally cocure with your statement !!!!! Why edit facts when this can be assisting people ! Cannot see lodgic here ?

One cannot advocate breaking laws or deceiving any governmental agencies.  If you think someone needs to know something, PM them.  FYI,if you enter as the spouse of a Filipino you get a year on your passport and do not need a return ticket.  I had to inform a PAL employee that this was the case while checking  in my luggage, he wasted about 30 minutes of my time checking with someone else in the Manila Airport, but all's well that ends well.

It is a requirement to bring along ticket out of Philippines as a tourist or initial entry until you get permanent Temporary/Permanent Visa. In my case, they never checked my return ticket upon entry but if they do you might get into problem.

You can take the risk if you want to be cheap.

Foreigners should follow the rules of any country they enjoy visiting.
To be deported would permanently terminate any chance of returning to family and friends all for the sake of a ticket. Big price to pay ultimately

Yep ! All fair comments !

If you have a ACRI card and depart your country and if asked if you have a forwarding ticket at check in tell them your living in Philippines
It's worked for me twice I have been allowed to fly into Philippines no questions asked

And if you just have tourist visa for 59 days ??

I have the feeling that every one things they can do what ever they like in Philippines, come in as you please go out when ever, but maybe there few that are lucky but what happens when you get caught where you go then who you see then, my absolute advise here will be do the right thing at all times, and if not sure do research ask many people as we all have different opinions, do not take a chance and run in to troubles and then say I did not know that or what ever, we all know what are the consequences if we do wrong or do some one wrong, if we are good citizens in our own country be one even better here, show them that we are good people, I am talking about all foreigners here.

All good points Sam. Stay under the radar, play by the rules and remember this is not Australia. Bad people sometimes get shot here.

Hi

I've heard about this dummy ticket but not been here that long and I'm yet to travel out of the Philippines but looking to do this soon.
Can you explain how it works please? Sure its pretty straight forward but just want clarification really.

The ticket you get from travel agents, for small fee, I paid $75 AU for mine, it is kind of reservation, which shows dates going out and coming back, the people at the Airport check in, can not Physically check if your ticket is genuine or not, as long as you show ticket and the dates you going back, they have no choice but to believe what you supply to them, I believe some Airlines offer online reservations,

You can get dummy ticket for free through travel agency where they will reserve a ticket for a certain period of time and print you the dummy ticket from the system. Usually you can get this for free if your agency is not money minded as there is no cost to agency other then time, paper & ink.

The idea is to get your name into the ticketing system so that government agency can check and, if needed, verify in the system to prove your intention to leave the country. This also can be done for hotel booking.

To be on the safe side, it's best to still have a return ticket with you at all times.. Just seek for the cheapest ticket out from the country. Of course, this would still be randomly checked..

You don't need a "return flight ticket". You need an "exit ticket". Many Filipino airlines have cheap offers to different places, some quite cheap. A friend of mine books a flight to Hong Kong, flies there, stays in the terminal and returns home the next day.
You can get you visa extended up to 6 months for up to a year, at which time you must leave the country for at least 24 hours.
I hope that helps

[Post under review]

[Post under review]

[Post under review]

[Post under review]