Cheap dog spaying in Quito

I have a female rescue dog who needs to be spayed.  I live in Quito, on a pretty limited retirement income, and am hoping to find a reputable veterinarian at a good price.  Any suggestions?  Perhaps a vet school at a Quito university?  Many thanks!

buddhaland wrote:

I have a female rescue dog who needs to be spayed.  I live in Quito, on a pretty limited retirement income, and am hoping to find a reputable veterinarian at a good price.  Any suggestions?  Perhaps a vet school at a Quito university?

Here are two leads....

1. There is a Facebook page for " REDauxilio" (aid network) for stray dogs and cats:

www.facebook.com/REDauxilio.UIO

2.  Some folks from Colorado USA connected with Segunda Oportunidad of Ecuador,
which has ties to local Quito vets.  You'll have to look up the contact information if that organization is currently active.

-- cccmedia

There is an ongoing effort to sterilize pets in Quito, barrio by barrio.  You could call these clinics and find out:

En Quito la sociedad protectora de animales PAE, realiza campañas de esterilizacion a muy bueos precios y en diferentes barrios.

Debes comunicarte a:

Teléfonos: (+593) (2) 3319522  /  (2) 3316940  /  (2) 3317777  /  (2) 2902600

El único requisito es traer tu perro o gato en ayunas.

=======================================

Centro de Atención Animal de Calderón –Urbanimal- ubicado en el barrio Semillas, avenida Panamericana Norte y calle Semillas, telef: 2825393.

This is a successful government funded initiative. What they do, as OsageArcher mentioned, is spay neighborhood dogs, or community dogs that locals are able to vouch for and basically say that they help feed them.

If the OP lives in centro-norte, visit the dog center at Carolina Park. They are responsible for the community dogs at the park.