Group from States coming in June to help victims of Hurricane Maria.

I am looking to assist a group of women coming in June to help victims of Maria. 
They want to paint, clean or whatever else a person or family need close to the Metro Area... They are only here for 5 days.
Please contact me to let me know if anybody has an idea or person or family in need.
Thanks... *** or ***
Have a good weekend!

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I suggest they just pick a neighborhood and start working. La Perla, for example, if they want to stay in the San Juan area. Also Sartuce or Loiza. Many families in those areas are in need.

I urge the group of women to contact a specific organization, rather than randomly choosing a neighborhood. As much as I love PR, I know that it is more dangerous right now. I young woman I have known for many years was working in San Juan with other young women employed by the U.S. government to help in the aftermath of Maria, and they were assaulted in their apartment one night. I don't know whether they were targeted because of their jobs or the men had just observed them entering their apartment. Please contact Pastor Jesus Garcia at Metropolis Baptist Church. His church is active in helping people, he is bilingual, and he will give wise advice.

Good idea, contact a church, they know who needs help.

Journeyandbeyond wrote:

I am looking to assist a group of women coming in June to help victims of Maria.  They want to paint, clean or whatever else a person or family need close to the Metro Area

Here is a list of volunteer opportunities from VolunteerMatch (an organization matching volunteers with organizations needing help) in Puerto Rico:

https://www.volunteermatch.org/search/?l=Puerto%20Rico

You may also contact Pastor Bob or Christie in Guaynabo at Second Union Church. They are bilingual and are very active in helping communities during the hurricane recovery.  My wife has been active with them since last summer and they are really hands on boots on the ground good people.

I can also recommend Second Union Church. Wonderful, active ministry.