Building a property in lovina

I know this topic  has been a` lively one`in the past due to indifferent experiences of other expats when buying land and building property in Indonesia. My wife is Indonesian and we have 3 grown up children. We own property in Jakarta, but this is a new venture for me. I`v e been `back and forth` to Lovina since before the kids were born. Yes, that long. I know the north is not for everyone, but we like the serenity and of course the cost. I have, I mean my wife has bought a 10are plot in central Lovina and I`m looking for help with the build. I`m `geared up` for the stress, sleepless nights, head banging because I`v e been through it all before -  25 years ago building my - I mean my wife`s house in Jakarta.

I`d like to know if their are any wise heads out there who might want to chat about the challenges ahead for us and offer any good advice. Even better would be names and numbers of people who could `point me in the right direction`. I would really appreciate that. Thanks in advance

Absolutely no reason to have sleepless nights or stress if your prepared enough especially if you have spare time to project manage the build, if your not on a time scale even better, I haven't built in Indonesia yet but that will start in 12/18 months or so but I have in the UK and Spain
I would make your own rough plans firstly don't worry about the scale just what you would like and play with them
If you have a large plot I would firstly plot out actually on the land in the location/ direction you both want (I would sit on these a while and go back at a later date) including top floor etc so you have a feel of the six and space
I would spend as much time if not more on the preparation of the land and work out any drainage issues simple things like 6” or 8” outlets supposed to commonly used 4” and design it for access not under your reinforced garage floor
I would recommend not to have pipework within the walls as I see that pretty common and in my opinion stupid and unnecessary
Drive around looking at house builds and look at the quality (I've already chosen for my build this way and they are exceptional to be honest)
Look at local availability of materials and the quality
Direct the build if you can expressing reinforcement points
Electrics would be my only or major concern ( next door neighbor and drinking buddy from Oz will be doing mine electrical engineer who i work with)
Once you have sort of decided what you want source a reputable architect and research the background and look at previous works compare designs with quality your used to
DO NOT just let a “builder” get on with it and remember you and the ants are the Bosd if not happy get them off site (would recommend a plan B in advance
Agree how or at what stages payments to be made

** you and the Mrs are the boss

O and keep your budget to yourself haha

I appreciate all of that and will refer to it at a later date. Hopefully I can contact you later on if I need extra advice. Again. Thank you

Yes no problem if I can help I will good luck with it all