First time being in USA AZ

Hi there,
It's my first time here in Arizona USA so I don't know how lifestyle here I'm still adjusting the weather and time and i dont see a fellow Filipino that's been living here for many years.

I'm from WA state originally Bainbridge Island. 1/2 the population growing up was Filipino. I have met Filipino's in AZ. You will too. I am leaving AZ to move to Mexico. I will say there are a lot of things I hate about AZ. The laws. No protection really for citizens. Especially if you aren't a home owner. Before I had a chance to purchase I had a Home Invasion. Also the heat in the summer. The cost of utilities. Dishonest workers. Things like A/C purchase and install. Yard work, anything you do. Get on the site nextdoor for referrals in your neighborhood so you don't get bad help... That's my best advice. Make friends but protect yourself. There are lots of transients and Theives. Some people don't mind the heat. Maybe you will be okay but I find in the summer that the only place I will go outside is my pool. Good luck. Where in AZ?

Hello Beachin06,

Thank you for replying but I doubt @Sweetmelowdy will get to read your message as this thread is quite old.

I invite you to check latest threads on the Arizona forum, some people might need your help and you can also create a new thread to share your experience.  ;)

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

its the coolest state in the country. enjoy the wide array of opportunities to hike and see some of the most unique landscapes I have ever seen in my life. my favourite place I have ever been in the country. and Las Vegas/LA is only a short distance away as well. way to much to see and do.