Close

Is annual Pay of 650000 DKK good ?

Dear friends,

I am planning to move to copenhagen along with my wife and daughter (1,5 year old) from India.

Could you please suggest:
1. What could be the take home monthly salary if annual gross pay is 650000 DKK including tax ? I have tried to go through the different posts and could not get hold of the danish tax calculation :(
2. What could be approximate monthly expenditure and savings (considering we would still like to travel India for vacation max twice in a year).

Regards,
AR

Hi AR,

Based on a yearly income of 650,000 kroner, married, spouse no income, one child, living in Gladsaxe municipality, the tax will be 240,000 kroner.

Rent 140,000 kroner, utilities 25,000 kroner, household 60,000 kroner = 225,000 kroner.

Of course, there will be some other expenditures: Commuting, insurance, kindergarten? ..., but still a very good surplus for vacation and saving.

You're welcome back if this answer isn't thoroughly enough.

/Nellie

Thanks for the insight Neillie.
The rent 14000 DKK per month including utilities is too high :O

Waiting lists for apartments are long (yearlong) why newcomers always have to find a newly built apartment, and a new apartment is always = an expensive apartment.

But don't look exclusively at the rent, do take into consideration commuting time and distance as time and transport pass is also money.