Agent For Difficult Visa Case

Hello fellow expats,

I was hoping you guys can help me out:

I have a 30-day tourist visa and want to get a longer visa. So far, I've contacted 5 different agents and all of them told me that it's NOT possible for an IRANIAN passport holder to get a visa longer than 30-days.

I've lived in Australia for 8 years and coming to Vietnam next week. Hoping to be able to stay for a few months until I can get a job/working visa.

If you guys know someone who might be able to do cases like this, I really appreciate it if you could give me their contact information.

Many thanks

Jahan

Apply for a one year business visa. In the "Reason for visa", write "Import/export".  Attaching a police clearance certificate may help.
Good luck.

Thanks Ralph,
How do I go about that? Do I need to do this through an agent, go to the embassy, do it myself,...

jahan-k wrote:

Hello fellow expats,

I was hoping you guys can help me out:

I have a 30-day tourist visa and want to get a longer visa. So far, I've contacted 5 different agents and all of them told me that it's NOT possible for an IRANIAN passport holder to get a visa longer than 30-days.

I've lived in Australia for 8 years and coming to Vietnam next week. Hoping to be able to stay for a few months until I can get a job/working visa.

If you guys know someone who might be able to do cases like this, I really appreciate it if you could give me their contact information.

Many thanks

Jahan

There are some online visa services.
Google or try this ... https://getvisatovietnam.com/apply-visa-online/
After you select your nationality you can check which visa is possible for you.
You (Iranian) can select a one year multy entry business visa at this online service.

Thanks Andy,

The ones I found by googling told me it's not possible.

One of them didn't even have Iran in the drop down list to choose from.

Another one had a special Web page for citizens of Iran with all the details, but when I contacted them, they told me it's not possible. They said the government doesn't allow them to get visa for Iranians,and I'll need to go to the embassy.

I sent an email to the one you recommended in your comment and will see what they say. They're asking for $610 for a one year business visa though.

$610 is way too much. Perhaps another member on this forum can give you a realistic price

I'm British and also having a problem with obtaining a visa for less than $480! It was cheaper in the UK! And there is no company in Da Lat that will do it which meand travelling with my baby 😩.  If you find a company let me know please..... I'm still looking will let you know if i find one!

Bekki,

This post isn't about the cost of getting the visa.

It's about specific middle Eastern nationalities having difficulty getting a visa.

There are many posts here about how the majority of nationalities (including yours) can get this done.

See this post:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=752404

Also, have a look at this one:

http://www.vietnamvisapro.com/

Hope it helps you. My situation is different though

Sorry mate, but what the agents told you is correct. Iranian passport holders are only eligible for a 30 Day visa.

But you can just do a visa run to the Cambodian border like some expats in HCMC do.

KiWill wrote:

Sorry mate, but what the agents told you is correct. Iranian passport holders are only eligible for a 30 Day visa.

Thanks mate. Do you know if that's just for tourist visa or for working visa as well. In other words, if I get a company that wants to hire me, can they get me a longer visa?

KiWill wrote:

But you can just do a visa run to the Cambodian border like some expats in HCMC do.

I'd be happy to do a visa run if I could get a 3-month visa. I'm hoping to get my Australian passport in about a year. But, visa-run every month?!! :(((

You may find that if you come on a one month tourist visa, you can get ONE more one month visa without leaving the country. You will have to check, because the visa rules change almost by the day and  also depends on which office and which staff you ask.

ralphnhatrang wrote:

You may find that if you come on a one month tourist visa, you can get ONE more one month visa without leaving the country. You will have to check, because the visa rules change almost by the day and  also depends on which office and which staff you ask.

Thanks Ralph,

At this stage I don't even know if I can get another 1-month visa even if I do leave the country!

When you say, "You will have to check", who will I check with?

The agents I've checked with so far said "no". I contacted the one Andy mentioned above as well. they said "can't be done."

I know that it's not about the money specifically but it helps when you're not being ripped off.... $610 as you stated previously is a lot.
However as promised before, as I have rang around for my own I have asked about your nationality too.
Apparently you can't have a visa for longer than 6months! 
But if you want to stay for a long time and work you can get a work permit from a company then apply for a 2 or 3 year residency card which is easier than border running!?
They did say to save time you should bring with you a certificate (paperwork) with 5 years work experience from the company (stamped and signed)  you have been working for.
No idea if this helps but  this is the website the lady i rang gave me:
Also she said maybe try contacting the Iranian embassy in Hanoi if you haven't already.
https://www.vietnamvisaonline.net/vietn … ents/iran/

Thanks Bekki,

What I meant was that there's a number ($610) on their website with a drop-down list of all the countries. But when I contacted them, they said they can't get any type of visa for Iranians.

I'm curious to know who told you 6 months. That'll be great if they can do that. Could you please send me the link in a private message and it's not showing here.

jahan-k wrote:

Thanks Andy,

The ones I found by googling told me it's not possible.

One of them didn't even have Iran in the drop down list to choose from.

Another one had a special Web page for citizens of Iran with all the details, but when I contacted them, they told me it's not possible. They said the government doesn't allow them to get visa for Iranians,and I'll need to go to the embassy.

I sent an email to the one you recommended in your comment and will see what they say. They're asking for $610 for a one year business visa though.

Your nationality just looks like for them, they catch big fish. So be careful when you looking Visa agent in Vietnam. It's better you can find any gent in Australia. or directly to the Vietnam embassy in Austraila, if you were in Aussy.

dear don't Jump yourself in to trouble.  Iranian citizens can get maximum one month visa.  you better come and find an employer and get a work permit.  i am also coming vn next week.  i am from India.  luckily we have the option to get one year bv.

lalhere wrote:

dear don't Jump yourself in to trouble.  Iranian citizens can get maximum one month visa.  you better come and find an employer and get a work permit.  i am also coming vn next week.  i am from India.  luckily we have the option to get one year bv.

By the way, does anyone know what my place of birth has to do with anything?

I'm a permanent resident of Australia, I will go to Viet Nam from Australia, I will come back to Australia, my work is in Australia, my bank account is in Australia, all my documents are from Australia. I have nothing to do with Iran except for the passport!!

Thats the exact reason....you hold an Iranian passport, not an Australian passport.

:dumbom:

I suggest you apply for Oz citizenship.

yes i understand.  you may be a permanent resident of Australia.  but still you are a citizen of Iran.  right?  each country have different rules for issuing visas to different citizens and we never have the right to question them. crazy rules😀. whatever.... as i said just come and explore Vietnam and if you find an employer it will be nice so that you can get a work permit and of course that might be the way for trc in vn.  don't go after agents and wasting time and money.

lalhere wrote:

yes i understand.  you may be a permanent resident of Australia.  but still you are a citizen of Iran.  right?  each country have different rules for issuing visas to different citizens and we never have the right to question them. crazy rules😀. whatever.... as i said just come and explore Vietnam and if you find an employer it will be nice so that you can get a work permit and of course that might be the way for trc in vn.  don't go after agents and wasting time and money.

Thanks man. You're right :)

I understand.But not an easy task to find an employer in less than a month! i won't even have time to do a TESOL first!

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Time can be both friend - or enemy

The Choice is Yours

Well, after contacting so many agencies I found one that says they can get me a 3-month e-visa or extend my current one to 3-months.

Guess how much they want to charge me for it!

Did you guess?

Ready for it?

$1070 for visa extension

OR

$560 for e-visa

Looooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes... but better late than never.  mostly they might be looking for native English teachers for job.  but if you have a certification still there is a chance.  but if you have the intention and willpower nothing is impossible bro.  😉first you come and see the things around and you will get opportunities i am sure.  be positive

lalhere wrote:

yes... but better late than never.  mostly they might be looking for native English teachers for job.  but if you have a certification still there is a chance.  but if you have the intention and willpower nothing is impossible bro.  😉first you come and see the things around and you will get opportunities i am sure.  be positive

Thanks man for the encouragement. Yes, I will come and see what I can do :)

I have a Master's degree in education and have been teaching mathematics in Australia for the last 6 years.

I also have an academic IELTS average score of 8.5 (L=9, R=9, S=8.5, W=7).

I have some experience teaching ESL, but no English teaching qualifications yet.

My plan was to come to Vietnam and do a TESOL course so I can get teaching jobs and stay. But 30 days won't be enough to do that :)

I hear it's much harder to find teaching jobs if you're not a native speaker and don't have English teaching qualifications.

yes it's hard to find if you are not a native English speaker. but not impossible.  well you just forgot the 30 days limit and see around what you can do effectively. i am sure opportunities still out there and you explore and find it😊

jahan-k wrote:

Well, after contacting so many agencies I found one that says they can get me a 3-month e-visa or extend my current one to 3-months.

Guess how much they want to charge me for it!

Did you guess?

Ready for it?

$1070 for visa extension

OR

$560 for e-visa

Looooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I  might have a good suggestion for you. You should go back to your country and start your own business with this amount. once you get rich then one day you can enjoy yourself in Vietnam.

Vietnam does not trust nationals from Muslim countries. Some years ago VN banned entry for all of them, even nationals from Indonesia and Malaysia  (countries which are in ASEAN with VN), plus Muslims from non-Muslim countries.

For example, a friend of mine,  a non-Muslim Indonesian national who had lived in Oz for thirty years was temporarily banned from entry to VN. A VN friend in Saigon found her Muslim husband from India refused re-entry to VN when he went to Cambodia on business.

It really would be a good idea to get Oz citizenship.

Collwing wrote:

I  might have a good suggestion for you. You should go back to your country and start your own business with this amount. once you get rich then one day you can enjoy yourself in Vietnam.

LOL!

Thanks Ralph,
This is the best explanation of the situation I've heard. Makes sense.

Can you tell me how long ago the two incidents you referred to happened?

Yes mate. I know it's a good idea to get Australian citizenship :) I've been fighting for it for 8 years. Have applied for the citizenship a month ago. It takes bloody 18 months!

ralphnhatrang wrote:

Vietnam does not trust nationals from Muslim countries. Some years ago VN banned entry for all of them, even nationals from Indonesia and Malaysia  (countries which are in ASEAN with VN), plus Muslims from non-Muslim countries.

For example, a friend of mine,  a non-Muslim Indonesian national who had lived in Oz for thirty years was temporarily banned from entry to VN. A VN friend in Saigon found her Muslim husband from India refused re-entry to VN when he went to Cambodia on business.

It really would be a good idea to get Oz citizenship.

Maybe you are correct, in fact nowadays there are lots Muslim committees in saigon.  I think Vietnam governments open their mind to welcome all over the world no matter which nationality's or religion.

I have friend of mine from Sri Lanka, he was paid almost 1000$ to get his TRC, in Vietnam. The funny thing is he got 5 years multiple via  was 2010 just for 300k  but then was 2015 he paid 600$ for same visa,  he applied this visa without married Vietnamese.

jahan-k wrote:

I have a Master's degree in education and have been teaching mathematics in Australia for the last 6 years.

I also have an academic IELTS average score of 8.5 (L=9, R=9, S=8.5, W=7).

I have some experience teaching ESL, but no English teaching qualifications yet.

My plan was to come to Vietnam and do a TESOL course so I can get teaching jobs and stay. But 30 days won't be enough to do that :)

I hear it's much harder to find teaching jobs if you're not a native speaker and don't have English teaching qualifications.

Based on your qualifications, why even fool around with ESL teaching.  You should be seeking much better paying employment as a math teacher in one of the better international schools.  The international schools may require an in person interview, but I think you could line things up from the AU end.  These schools may also be more amenable to hiring based on recommendations of your previous employer rather than just walk in employment based on this weeks needs as most commercial ESL centers do. 

If you are hired by one of these schools, they will definitely cooperate in obtaining your WP and TRC which is not necessarily true of the English centers.  Also despite your 8.5 IELTS you may still face hiring prejudice as a NNES.  Try the international school route.

Since you are asking here, I assume your first stop was at the Vietnamese Consulate in OZ?
What did they tell you?
If not, do that.

Wxx3 wrote:

Since you are asking here, I assume your first stop was at the Vietnamese Consulate in OZ?
What did they tell you?
If not, do that.

LOL! Yes, it was. They had no clue! I had to tell them what was on their website about conditions for Iranians and they said do what's on the website

Here is my take on your situation.
Every time you leave Australia's border you delay you chances of Australian citizenship.
You are not going to achieve what you want in Vietnam while you're still an Iranian citizen.
Get your Australian passport first then think about Vietnam 2nd.
At the moment you have got your priorities wrong.

DirtyPierre wrote:

Here is my take on your situation.
Every time you leave Australia's border you delay you chances of Australian citizenship.
You are not going to achieve what you want in Vietnam while you're still an Iranian citizen.
Get your Australian passport first then think about Vietnam 2nd.
At the moment you have got your priorities wrong.

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.
Could you please tell me why you think I delay my citizenship?
I've already applied for it and can't find any information that say I need to be in Australia while it's being processed.

Many thanks

If you have been in Australia for 8 years why aren't you a citizen?