Recent EXPAT,COM Ads Problems

Worst problem:

Now getting my browser "hijacked" by those pop-up screens that tell me I've won an Amazon,Com gift card, or, my phone is full of viruses and must be cleaned NOW.

It's only happening on this site, and has now happened over a half-dozen times in the past week.

If it keeps me from closing the open tab, I have to uninstall and reinstall Chrome, after clearing all data.

This seems to be related to another ad problem:

When I open a new thread OR go to the next page of a long thread, I get hijacked to the very bottom of that page, usually to a "Trivago" ad.

Then I have to scroll back up to the top of the page. When I do, as carefully as I can, I think I must click something else that causes the screen grab.

Finally, since I clear the cache in my browser at least daily, I have to sign back into the site when I return. When I do, up pops the "Tip of The Day" ad for insurance, every day, all week long, all MONTH long.

It's more like the "Tip For All Time".

If you can't get rid of it, at least try to rotate the ad to something else.

Using an Android phone with Chrome browser, fully scanned for viruses and malware and cleaned/cleared cache regularly.

I have asked admin to look into this for you.

Don't use Chrome, use opera mini (which has a "ads ban" feature),or another browser as ucbrowser, then problem solved.

stumpy wrote:

I have asked admin to look into this for you.

Thanks Stumpy.
It appears to be an exploitation of a vulnerability in Java. When I disable it, I can't recreate any of those problems.

Find activities and meet other expats

OR