Days allowed to stay post EP cancelaltion

Hello Everyone,

I have a small confusion, hope you guys can provide some insight into that.

I am switching job and currently hold Category 1 EP , post cancellation of existing EP , how many days extra i can stay in Malaysia.

Meantime new employer has already initiated the procedure for the new EP and documents will be submitted for Stage 1 approval soon.During this time period can i stay in Malaysia or how long i can stay in general.

Thank you  :D

If you have had the validity shortened you can check your passport as immigration write a date in it ,which allows 2-3 days exit from the cancellation date. You would provide a flight ticket on which that latest exit date is based.

The new employer could apply for a Special Pass (valid 1 month) pending immigration decision on the new Cat I EP.

The decision should be within 10 days if all the paperwork is properly submitted. However, you have no legal status to remain beyond the "latest exit date". There is no guarantee that approval will be given for the new employer to hire you.

Hi Gravitas,

Thank you for the information, now ill be in peace with all the procedures. :)