Carteira de Trabalho (CTPS)

Hi there,

I have my RNE/CIE and I order to work I need a CTPS, can I obtain this without having a job right now based on the fact I gave my permenant  visa ?  I haven't worked in Brasil yet

I also need to CTPS to be able to open a bank account I believe?

Thanks Tracy

websiteer review]ho.gov.br/carteira-de-trabalho-e-previdencia-social-ctps/documentacao-obrigatoria/estrangeiro#srtes]Ministério do Trabalho website[/url] and also schedule an appointment. In Rio, it is Centro near Cinelândia.

You can get the book without having a job, however, it is much quicker if you have a job already lined up since they will write you a letter. You use this letter to get an emergency appointment. I got mine within a week and had no problem going for interviews without the CTPS, since I had the permanent visa.

Depending on the reason you got your permanent visa, the documents necessary vary a little. On thiswebsite it sets out clearly in each situation.
In general you need you CPF, proof of residency, I.D. SINCRE.

As far as the bank account you don't need the CTPS, only proof of residency, your id (it can be the temporary document) and the money you will receive. Therefore, it is more that you need a job or proof of steady income for the bank to open an account for you.

Hope this helps!

You don't need it to open a bank account, never taken my Carteira to a bank.
Your employer will give you a letter with which you can easily open an account.

Carteira de trabalho is the least important document in my opinion ....generally most people get it when they actually need it....the hard part is finding a job