Working in the dental field

I am a registered dental hygienist in Massachusetts moving to Italy in May. I have been trying to figure out the process of getting my hygiene license recognized/authenticated in Italy but no one seems to want to help give me any information. I have called the consulate of Boston and contacted most of the people that work specifically for helping foreign dental professionals and no one answers me. I only get a response when my boyfriend who is from/living in Italy contacts them. Has anyone else had similar issues with these "helpful" resources. And has any one had experience in getting an American license recognized?

Check out this link; it appears that it is not so easy.

Cynic
Expat Team

thank you, this is helpful insight for the future. I have spoke with a few dentists who would be willing to hire me but before I can start working as a hygienist, I first need to figure out this process  of getting my license recognized in Italy. It takes about four months once I send everything in but my issue is finding information on exactly what I need to send and how to do so.

Try contacting Italian Dental Association / Associazione Italiana Odontoiatri (AIO) This LINK will take you to their website.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck

Alexandria_22 wrote:

thank you, this is helpful insight for the future. I have spoke with a few dentists who would be willing to hire me but before I can start working as a hygienist, I first need to figure out this process  of getting my license recognized in Italy. It takes about four months once I send everything in but my issue is finding information on exactly what I need to send and how to do so.

LOL - you could always try North Yorkshire; our Hygienist has just gone on maternity leave !!!!! :sosad: