Need information about contract cancellation

Hello every one.. I'm Richmond from Nigeria but working here in oman for 3months now.. work in a buger shop as a CHEF and manager too.. my boss send me a message yesterday that he wants to cancel me this week.. there was no notice or any thing of such.. and I'm just 3months here. Will I get any ban? Can I still work here in Oman or uae? Is there any money he should pay me wen he cancel my contract? Pls help me get answers to this questions as soon as poasible. Thanks and God bless

Hi Richpet17,

Refer to your employment contract first.

See what it says under the 'Termination' section.

Whatever has been agreed must be followed.

In any case, a minimum notice period is mandatory.

Termination over messages is not the doe thing.

It has to be on a formal letterhead.

If you do not get your employer's NOC, you cannot return for 2 years.

But you can work elsewhere in the region.

The employer will not pay you any money for terminating you.

Unless it is stated in your employment contract.

Thanks boss... but how do I Refer to my employment contract? I'm new here and don't really know much about Oman..  and pls is my complay responsible for my going ticket? And will I receive my monthly payment? Cause I already finish this month and I'm not yet paid

Hi Richpet17,

The Employment Contract is the document which you must have signed by your employer and you, before accepting the job.

That document would list in detail your job description, your deliverables, with their timelines, your salary details like the basis, add-ons, other perks such as accommodation, besides your working hours, leave policies, termination details and more.

If an expatriate is hired, then the employer must provide for the return ticket upon termination of the employee, unless otherwise mentioned in your employment contract.

For resolving any disputes with your employer, please approach the Ministry of Manpower for their assistance.

Thanks boss..