Cousin: the best meals recipe who ever cooked

Hello everyone .I'm marina kirvalidze from Georgia Tbilisi collecting recipes from all over the world.can you text me the best meals recipes you have ever made in your life.thank you with regards waiting your answers

Do you want them here or do you want them in private message?

marina-kirvalidze wrote:

Hello everyone .I'm marina kirvalidze from Georgia Tbilisi collecting recipes from all over the world.can you text me the best meals recipes you have ever made in your life.thank you with regards waiting your answers

What a great post.......

ian_mac wrote:

Do you want them here or do you want them in private message?

Here would be best, then everyone benefit :)

As you like ,it will be interesting to everyone to prepare and taste :)

I don't have "recipes" as such. I sort of just make the things I do from my head.
Various kinds of Damper or other forms of "baked flour"
A few salad-like things and sandwich preferences.
My view is that if I need to follow a recipe then I don't want to do it.  Even if I bake something outside of what I would normally do, I don't follow a recipe I look at it and then just guess at the ingredients as I am making it.

I do not follow any recipe as such but look at what sort of food there is and what I can do with it especially as I love wok cooking.My kids don't mind eating it so I must be doing something right.

Love using chilies, spring onions, garlic, bean sprouts and whatever greens are around and a little bacon flash fried in the wok then add a little coconut cream, simmer couple of minutes and serve with steamed rice.

Dice some chicken, simmer until cooked in water with a little salt to make a simple broth. Add noodles, simmer until cooked. Then add coriander,spring onion and garlic. Turn off heat and leave for a little time to heat the added vegetables through.
Pour into a large bowl and serve. Have the following condiment, dried chili powder, sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce. These can be added to taste.
Very much a staple meal here in Laos.

Beef and liver can be used to make a broth too.

Best and simplest recipe is of a meat. Just put meat in pressure cooker, add water so that meat is dipped in water add salt and black pepper according to your taste. Let it cook for some time, till meat is perfectly cooked and water all dried up. It's best thing I ever ate.

:/

Thank you  :)

Pad Thai and Som Tum recipes   :idontagree:   you guys would love it.
i know more if you want  :cool:

Thank u Ami, share all what you know,would be interesting

For me, cooking is an art.
And like filling a colouring book (which is not arts), following a recipe may be good for learning a method or getting ideas, but it is not really cooking.
I like eating (and recreating in my own kitchen) exotic foods and, in fact, I also like reading cookbooks (at least the sort that gives background information and culinary science), but when I cook, no book is open.
I cannot cook a dish I never ate before, because I need a memory of the taste I am trying to aim for, and adjust my methods and materials accordingly.
Thus any "recipe" I could give is just a collection of general ideas and not suitable for beginners or those who need instructions.

Thank u beppi tell me please how you choose what kind things are suitable to each other

I imagine what they will taste like together (or after a certain cooking method), and if that appeals to me, I try to make it and check whether my imagined taste was accurate.

https://www.daringgourmet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Schnitzel-7_edited.jpg

The perfect wiener schnitzel
(Serves 2) or 1 if hungry)  :D
2 escalopes of veal (or pork)
Salt, to season
Pepper, to season
2 eggs
2 tbsp double cream
Flour, to coat
50g dried white breadcrumbs (good ones – get instructions on how to make them with fresh bread)
Vegetable oil, to fry
25g clarified butter or ghee
1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve

Put one of the escalopes on a chopping board, cover with greaseproof paper, and beat out as thinly as you can without making holes in it. Season both sides well. Repeat with the other.

Beat the eggs lightly with the cream in a wide, shallow bowl. Put a good handful of flour on a plate, and tip the breadcrumbs on to another plate.

Heat 1/2cm oil in a deep, wide frying pan until a breadcrumb sizzles and quickly browns. While that's heating, dip the escalopes in turn in the flour, egg and lastly the breadcrumbs, making sure they're evenly covered with each layer, but being careful not to press them into the breadcrumbs too hard.

Add the butter to the pan and once foaming, drop in the escalopes (if they're too large, you may have to do them in batches). Cook until golden brown on the bottom, swirling the pan constantly to cascade oil over the top.

Turn over and repeat – once both sides are golden (a matter of minutes), the schnitzel are ready. Blot quickly with kitchen paper and then serve immediately with lemon to squeeze over.

One day we have to meet all and make masterclass in cousin

SimCity: Thanks for the recipe. If the picture shows them done by you, I agree with Marina: We must meet!
As with most "simple" dishes, breaded cutlets are all too often done in a fogettable manner - and perfection requires taking care of all details (thus your comment about the bread crumbs is spot on - commercial ones are awful!).
I like to mix a bit of grated Parmesan into the crumbs, but not enough to be noticeable (otherwise it won't be a Vienna Schnitzel, but an Italian Cotoletta).

Then there is the Cordon bleu, which I absolutely love.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR