Coming to Bergen with Family

Hi All-

I am an American academic coming to Bergen for a two-month fellowship in June and July.  My family, spouse and two children (ages 8 and 11) will be along with me.  We are still looking for short term housing, but generally hoping to connect socially with some people, especially with kids activities in mind.  Does anyone have an idea of organized events for children?  Anyone like to connect socially at some point?  Anyone looking to sublet?

Cheers,

Peter VonDoepp
Vermont, USA

Hi Peter! I'm afraid I can't help on the accommodation, but the city of Bergen organizes daily events for school-aged kids in the month of July when school is out (trips to a soda factory, chocolate factory, movies, pizza, daily swimming, etc.) Unfortunately they don't post the schedule until June, but if you remind me I can send it to you! (School isn't out in Bergen until the end of June.)

My husband and I both work at the University of Bergen and our children are 9 and 4, so it would be fun to meet up at some point. (We are Americans but have lived here for 6 years).

Please feel free to send me a message if you have any questions about settling in.

MamaPanda-

Many thanks for the reply and the information.  Looks like we have found accommodation.  The news about July activities sounds great!

May contact you as our arrival approaches.  Here is my email in case you wish to reach me directly: [email protected].

Best,

Peter