Clarifications on the e-MT form

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this seems excessive. I asked for a walkthrough with our HR and came back more confused (HR is new). Since I was in Malaysia for less than 182 days last year, I am asked to file for an e-MT form.

So here are my questions:
- In the tax summary, YEAR OF ASSESSMENT 2017 TAX PAYABLE and TOTAL INCOME TAX should be the same and balance of year payable should be zero, correct? Since I paid the right amount considering that I have a non-resident status.
- What is this field for? Under Approved by the Ministry as Knowledge Worker, "Gross income from employment with a designated company". If I input my total income here (same as the one under "Statutory income from employment*/director's fees"), I get an excess in the tax summary. Our HR says that this is correct - however I am doubtful since afaik there shouldn't be an excess in my case. If I input only on Statutory income field, the balance in the tax summary becomes zero.

Again, apologies if this seems excessive. Most guides in the internet are for e-be forms and LHDN's phone is always busy. Thanks so much for any help!

There are explanatory notes here http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php? … mit=Search

Thanks Gravitas. I'd already looked into that before posting here. Still don't know the difference.