CuencaHighLife attempting to use browser as crypto-currency miner?

When accessing CuencaHighLife I now get this message which I've never gotten before, using the Chrome browser and AdGuard:

AdGuard has detected an attempt by this website to use your browser as a crypto-currency miner. It can create significant CPU load. Press "Cancel" to prevent it.

Has anyone else gotten this message?

I have not but my online protection is not robust.

I took a look at the CuencaHighLife privacy policy and reading between the lines they appear to be aware that Google and possibly others are in fact sing cookies and search technology to follow folks who click on their site. They suggest each reader make the choice to opt out.

What this highlights of course is that as an expat or prospective expat, your information is of value to a lot of people: realtors, salesman, and others looking to tap into a market with enough assets to move to a foreign country and live probably by independent means.   In other words, you are a ripe demographic for internet exploitation and sites like this which provide "free" advice are in fact gaining a valuable asset of your personal information.

CHL advice indicates to me, at least, that they are well aware of the questionable use of its website and has no intent to protect those choosing to access their online material.

For referance, this is the link to their prvacy page

CuencaHighLife Privacy Policy (March 2018)

I was unaware of this practice of surreptitiously using user's browsers as crypto-currency miners.  Here is one link that helped educate me about the practice - and it's why I will continue to use ad blockers that detect this remote running of software on my computer without my permission and knowledge:

https://99bitcoins.com/webmining-moneti … -browsers/